Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Torch 9810

Does the Q10 and new software have the option for using the time an SMS message was actually sent

In terms of staying with blackberry, appreciate if someone can advise if the new Blakcberry 10 software allows you to get SMS message with the time the message was actually sent, not the time downloaded from the Blackberry server. This is a real irritation as I often have to have my phone off for some time and the late stamp stamp often causes difficulties. Thinking of a Q10 upgrade, but this is not an issue with non-Blackberry phones. 

Many thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Z10LE

Re: Does the Q10 and new software have the option for using the time an SMS message was actually sent

SMS doesnt get routed through any Blackberry Servers. SMS is carrier specific. In regards to your question from my experiences When i leave my device turned off and turn it back on, the Message displayed the time it was RECEIVED on the phone not the tiem it was sent by the other party. Im not sure which phones you're implying that do not have this issue as the messages are displayed upon retreival not upon set time.