Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
WhiteRhinoLLC
My Device: Z10

Email DIsappears from the HUB and FILES

I have 3 email boxes set up on my Z10, all 3 are pop3 email accounts. Emails keep "disappearing" from the Hub and I am unable to maintain an email message in the Hub. Also, when I FILE a message I can't find a way to get to the message in the file system. I get a message saying that file management is not available for the account. Help please from anyone!

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Email DIsappears from the HUB and FILES

Hello WhiteRhinoLLC,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

You BlackBerry Z10 smartphone POP email integration synchronizes directly with your mail server. If a mail client such as Microsoft Outlook is set to remove a copy of an email message from the mail server, they will also delete from your device. You will need to configure the mail client to leave a copy of the message on the server.

The following article may address this issue for you:

http://bbry.lv/15kVIoD

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
WhiteRhinoLLC
My Device: Z10

Re: Email DIsappears from the HUB and FILES

Thanks ... that does explain why the messages are leaving the phone.  Too bad ... I really liked the OS7 feature of being able to delete from my BB but leave on the server, or just keep the email on my BB.  Actually used the INBOX on my BB as a reminder of items that needed further action when I returned to the office.  Will find a way to adjust to the new reality of OS10 I am sure.  The reaminder of the device is just too good to ge stuck in this item.

Now .. is there something I can do to get my POP3 accounts to register in the FILE function.  I have two accounts that are from the same email provider ... one will show up in the email file function and the other will not.  Set them up the same ... scratching my head.  I now file an email message ... use the pull down in the HUB (^) and don't see the email account listed.  ANy advice on how to get my email accounts listed in the HUB file function.  If I can make that happen then I can use this as a reminder of action on certain messages.

Thanks for your help ...