Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
tzioneretz
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain
Accepted Solution

Email Deletion Issue -- REALLY **bleep**!!!

I know there are a couple of threads running already about this issue and I posted this message on CrackBerry, too, but I'm just so disillusioned about it that I had to start another one here. My apologies.

For years, when deleting emails, BlackBerry had the options to cancel the deletion, delete the email(s) only on the device, or delete the email(s) on the device AND server.

Having the choice to delete a specific email just on the device helps me keep the inbox clean while allowing me to file or otherwise process that message on my P.C. later, which is essential to me as I get a lot of such messages. Having a chance to delete an email on both the cell and the server gets rid of spam or unimportant messages quickly and effectively. Having the two options when deleting a message made my life very easy.

I am therefore DISMAYED that BlackBerry so cavalierly decided to just ax this option!!!

WHY, WHY, WHY mess with something that worked/works perfectly?!?!?

I've been a loyal BlackBerry user for many years, and the Q10 is my sixth handset. I have eight email accounts for various purposes, and use email more than anything else on my cellphones. The two primary reasons I stick with the BB are (1) the physical keyboard, and (2) the fantastic, robust email management. If I wanted a "phone" to take pictures with or play Angry Birds, I'd get some crApple or similar, and, of course, expect its O.S. to behave accordingly. BB is supposed to be different!!!

There is already an option to enable delete confirmation, which has "delete" and "cancel" buttons. How goddamn difficult was it and would it have been to add a third option "on this phone only"?!?!?!?

BB, for crying out loud, FIX THIS!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Blue-Chili
My Device: q10
My Carrier: q10

Re: Email Deletion Issue -- REALLY **bleep**!!!

to me there cant be enough threads about this issue.
bb is ignoring us with our problem. not only my mails were gone, but my sms and phone logs were gone too.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Kellojello
My Carrier: Verizon

I agree with both of you 100%.  There cannot be enough threads or posts about this - and if Blackberry is indeed working to bring this feature to BB10 devices, it would be great to get some sort of official comment or roadmap as to when they expect to do so.  It is very frustrating - and not because I am old (I am 30), adverse to change, or technologically challenged (which seem to be the responses I see from others who did not use this feature on earlier devices).  I fully understand why many people prefer to keep their inboxes synced across all devices and appreciate their reasons for doing so.  However, for me personally and professionally, I prefer to have the option to delete on handheld only. That is one of the main reasons I have chosen to stay with Blackberry.  Hopefully Blackberry is hearing the many users who feel this same way.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tzioneretz
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain

Well, I just updated the O.S. to 10.2.1.537, and the options to delete emails just on the phone, the server, or both are back!

Wow...

I'm impressed, BlackBerry.  There's a reason I've been a loyal BB customer for over a decade.

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO US!

I really wish more people would realize that BlackBerry mops the floor with the iPhone and similar toys.

Please use plain text.