Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Mike74
My Device: Z10

Email on the Z10.

Is there a way to delete email messages on the Z10 but not from the actual email account?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dstrocen

Re: Email on the Z10.

Mike74

This is frustrating for many prople. On previous BB's you could delete an e-mail from your phone and have it stay on your server for a later date when you could then view it at home or at work on your primary computer using Outlook.  When away from your computer for several days, a considerable number of e-mails could easily clutter your phone.

You must leave them on your phone until you get to your computer and download them to Outlook. 

When you delete them from your phone they will automatically be simultaniously deleted from your server and lost forever.  Big problem that I'm hoping Blackberry will fix soon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mike74

Me too, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mike74

Is there a way to set it so that when I open my mail it goes to the inbox and not the general folder.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dstrocen

I'm not sure of the answer because I also have my messages fom all my accounts coming to the main HUB.  (they also duplucate on each account)  I happen to like this feature because then I don't have to scroll through each account indiviually.

The good news is that when I delete a message it gets deleted from both Hub accounts so there is no duplication or waste of time involved.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mike74

I want to file a message and not see it until I go to that folder. I was able to do it on my 9900.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Right now, the way filing works is that, when you file to a folder, that folder is automatically turned ON for display to the device...and then all unopened items in that folder display in the HUB. To fix that, you have to turn back off the display of that folder after each filing session. It's a pain, and has been discussed many times, and I believe even formally requested of BlackBerry to address in future updates.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDKLA
My Device: z10

Yep I miss the old way as well. It was nice to delete them from the phone and later go to your computer and review again..

I hope enough people have the same issue so BB will get us the old way back...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JoeMc
My Device: BB Z10

They need to fix this. I returned my phone due to this major problem.

I lost important business emails, too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDKLA
My Device: z10

Please use plain text.