Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Free Mobile

Events created on iCal syncs to wrong iCloud alarms on BB10

Hello,

When I create an alarm-less event in iCal on Mountain Lion, it gets synced to iCloud (I can see on icloud.com that it has no alarm on the server either) then pushed to my Z10, on which the event gets an alarm. Alarm-less events created directly in icloud.com do not exhibit such problems. Events with alarms created in iCal sync correctly. I suspect the alarm field has a peculiar value when created by iCal, and aprsed incorrectly by BB10.

An identical problem used to happen before iOS6. The problem disappeared on each device once upgraded to iOS6.

This makes BB10 unusable with the iCloud calendar unless you set and possibly remove alarms to all your events, which is not an option.

Anyone encountering a similar issue?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Events created on iCal syncs to wrong iCloud alarms on BB10

what happens whe you do this?

1) create an event on icloud.com with an alarm
2) wait for it to appear on the icloud app and your z10
3) remove the alarm on the event on icloud.com

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Free Mobile

Re: Events created on iCal syncs to wrong iCloud alarms on BB10

[ Edited ]

Here's a complete rundown:

- an event created without alarm on icloud.com syncs without alarm everywhere

- an event created with alarm on icloud.com syncs with the alarm set everywhere

- an event created with alarm on icloud.com, synced correctly, and had its alarm removed on icloud.com syncs without alarm everywhere

- an event created without alarm in iCal syncs without alarm on icloud.com and iOS6 devices, but with bogus alarm on BB10 and iOS5

- an event created with alarm in iCal syncs with the alarm set everywhere 

- an event created with alarm in iCal, synced correctly, and had its alarm removed on iCal syncs without alarm on icloud.com and iOS6 devices, but with bogus alarm on BB10 and iOS5

and just to be sure:

- an event created with alarm on icloud.com, synced correctly, and had its alarm removed on iCal syncs without alarm on icloud.com and iOS6 devices, but with bogus alarm on BB10 and iOS5

Note that the alarm set is completely bogus: for an event set today 27/04/2013 at 17:45 CEST, the alarm is set to fire 1934 weeks, 2 days, 14 hours and 49 minutes before the event.

A little Ruby on Rails magic gives us:

pry(main)> (Time.new(2013, 04, 13, 17, 45) - 1934.weeks - 2.days - 14.hours - 49.minutes).utc

=> 1976-03-18 01:56:00 UTC