Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mr_vpw
My Device: Z10

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

(a) auto-bcc when sending messages back to myself (or even better, another address)

(b) mutliple appointments shown on lock screen from calendar, not just one/next only.

(c) more granular control over how often an account is checked - let me choose 'x' minutes

I'll remember the others in a bit

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Contacts App:

• Ability to hide "texting" numbers such as Work, home, etc that aren't able to recieve texts
  • Ability to have multiple mobile numbers,such as mobile1, mobile2, for people with more than one cellphone
  • Ability to have muliple work numbers, home numbers, etc
  • Ability to have option for acutally creating "custom" names for phone numbers, emails, VOIP,
  • Ability to have muliple WORK emails fields for same contact ...
  • Abilty for a custom note field for each contact, for misc information such as store hours, reference numbers, business account numbers,
  • Ability for filter or unselect specific Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook contacts so they all don't appear
  • Ability to "share" contact info with someone else ... like a vcard or the like
  • Ability to have custome Individual text and ringtoones for each contact set within contacts app
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aseem_asrani

1. There should be a way to delete recently viewed Pictures and Videos and an option to hide folders (like in Bold 9900) (if there is, please do let me know.) - well I want to keep some privacy to what I'm watching or listening and dont want others to see them...

2. Option to delete mails only from the handset.  You're using ActiveSync technology, so your inbox mirrors exactly what is also on your email server. If you delete from the handheld, it deletes from the server. That's how Active Sync works. - my Outlook express download office mails from server to my comp so they are automatically removed from my phone, buy problem is with hotmail and gmail, there are so many mails I know i'm not going to check on my phone but want to keep on the server. This option was pretty good in previous version of BB

4. Option to scroll in a line to reach a particular place to stop.  Could you please explain? - I noticed when I accidently type an extra alphabet in a word I could hardly reach that place to just remove the alphabet, instead I had to delete the whole word from where ever the cursor lands. eg 'I am dgoing there..' I found it real hard to get my cursor in middle of D and G (in dgoing) to correct the word and there is no scroll here to shift the cursor now..

Infact I'm working on another list of improvements now, will post them soon :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sinserli

Possibility within the contacts to display "Name, first name" (and not to sort!) like on the old beloved BB 9900.

How to sort is clear, but I would like, within the sort's result, to display first the name and then the rated first name, separated by a comma.

I just hope (very much) that BB is following this forum. It seems to me that BB has not taken over the really professional business features on the Z10, which we daily badly need... at least up to now.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Here's my feature list after a couple days with device:

1) Vibrate option for alarm

2) Mail filters for things like Priority 1 emails

3) Someplace to put custom ringtones that the media player won't deem "music" (If you "play all" when playing music, your ringtones are included in the list)

4) Fix the Twitter app - it is horrible

5) Notification profiles - BB10 is a HUGE downgrade from the granularity we had with pre BB10 (customizable per email account, different vibrate settings, different LED colors, etc)

...just my first few

:smileyhappy:

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Please use plain text.
Contributor
the_look

I've got a few ideas. Mostly for UI usability.

1. Swipe down to close.

Why minimize an app, and then close it? You should be able to just swipe it down to close it, and swipe up to minimize.

2. Swipe left for next open app. 

Again, you swipe left for hub, why not swipe right for next open app? Going from open app to next open app is REALLY flowing. 

3. Lockscreen Button (method/tab/etc)

You can unlock the screen by swiping up, you should be able to lock it as well. Avoid using the power button.

4. Airplane mode on status bar!

I could use it.

5. Customizable status bar.

So I can add airplane mode!

6. Colour coding in the HUB. 

The hub is absolutely great, but all the messages kind of blend together if you have a lot. I know you can filter them, but why not have some light colour coding for each type? You can select it for calendars, why not the hub?

Now for some slightly more complicated things, that are more than UI.

7. Face recognition.

If the time shift camera can recognize faces already, why can't we tag them after? And even keep the tags when uploading to facebook. All built-in forget outside apps.

8. Weather on the lockscreen please?

Self-explanatory

Umm... that's really about it. These are more UI and cosmetic things rather than functions, although usability would go up tremendously with those changes. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fbcltd
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

1. ability to create groups in my contacts.... one for texting, one for emails, as i used to use my 9850 to send out the same message to all my clients

2.outlook tranfer via bluetooth or usb, not 5 steps to set up outlook.com

3.more alert options instead of normal/vibrate/off

4.auto off/ auto on, saves battery and also annoying sounds while trying to sleep.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

aseem_asrani wrote:

4. Option to scroll in a line to reach a particular place to stop.  Could you please explain? - I noticed when I accidently type an extra alphabet in a word I could hardly reach that place to just remove the alphabet, instead I had to delete the whole word from where ever the cursor lands. eg 'I am dgoing there..' I found it real hard to get my cursor in middle of D and G (in dgoing) to correct the word and there is no scroll here to shift the cursor now..

Infact I'm working on another list of improvements now, will post them soon :smileyhappy:

This functionality exists and is actually very quick to use.. I explained it here.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geocept

[ Edited ]

After 5 years of iphone usage I am new to Blackberry. And yes the Z10 seems to be the better iphone for business use. I am happy so far. Btw I tried Android phones and Windows 8 phones - but both do not support Exchange Active Sync contact folders at all and have many more disadvantages; they do not fit for business use. Z10 is the solution for me.

But after 2 days usage I recognized first features missing on the Z10:

* import of sms text message from the old phone (iphone, android, csv-file). There are 3rd party tools to migrate from iphone to android or to desktop, but I did not find a way to import old text messages to Z10. Most people will not change the phone if there is no way keeping old messages - none of my customers will; they want to keep their iphones until this is solved.

* Exchange Active Sync contact folders are supported:

- but there is no way to configure which folders not to synchronize to the phone. This would be an important setting for each account. The same mechanism that is there for the emails would be fine.

- but there is no way to view just the contacts of one single folder - all the contacts of a MS Exchange account are mixed in one list no matter in which subfolder they are located. Mixing of prospects, customers, colleagues, family - everything is in one single contact list.  

* order of contacts: 

- it would be nice to define the order of contacts per account: for example business accounts sorted per company name. friends by first name other folders per family name.

- if you order by business account, the second order criteria is the first name - this does not make any sense for business contacts (at least not in Europe). It would be nice if the second order criteria, in case the company name is the same, could be set to family name.

* locking of device:

- if a password is activated for the device, there is no way to configure more than 1 hour "auto-logoff"-period. I would prefer to disable auto-logoff so that the password/PIN is just needed when the device is booted or if the the device had been locked by pressing the power button.

- there is no way to disable auto-screen-locking. The longest value is just 5 minutes. Ok this will save battery; but in case the phone is attached to power in a car for example, it is very annoying that the screen shuts down all 5 minutes. I want want to view my emails while driving! If I want to lock the screen I can press the power button.

* annoying blackberry link installation screen on the phone each time the phone is attached to a usb port. It would be nice to disable this link screen in the settings of the Z10. OK when attaching it to a PC it might make sense, but if the usb port belongs for example to an embedded car system and it is attached just for loading the battery, it is very annoying to skip this screen each time when plugging in.  By the way the media/music interface of cars is not supported: the car systems would have to install blackberry link first to access a mp3 song and of course this is not possible - well that does not really bother me, but this might be a no go for people that use their phone as a music player in the car; iphones and android phones support this feature.   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ

MAJOR ISSUES FOR ME

If I am in the middle of doing a calendar entry AND I am on the phone - if the call ends ... do NOT kick me out of the calendar to tell me they hung up.

in the calendar in the LOCATION field. If I bring up an appointment - I should be able to tap on the LOCATION in the entry and have it open in MAPS ... c'mon guys! this should have been from day 1. (since it opens from contacts?!?)

phone numbers in the BROWSER .... WE NEED TO CLICK ON THEM AND HAVE IT DIAL

</rant>

Please use plain text.