Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
phabellis
My Device: Z10

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Ability to insert a photo to a text or email

Forums Advisor III
drewread

While some of the last few are good suggestions (albeit previously requested a billion times in a billion posts, including this one) some of them are available and have been answered and pointed out even in this thread. Did anyone read it, or the tips and tricks thread?

@mgbausa -

#7 simply swipe down the menu and tap the icon to toggle between silent and your last chosen profile.

Wanted #2, try nudging the magnifier circle by tapping the side you want it to move towards (left , right, top, bottom rather than dragging the circle, much more accurate for small moves.

Want#3 - there is turn by turn nav, with traffic, in the maps app.

Want#4 - simply open browser, start typing in your search term and chose the search engine of your choice from the top right icon. Once chosen it is your default.

@phabellis - drop your keyboard (swipe down with 2 fingers) and chose attach, chose picture, etc to send an image, or any other attachment choice.

Read and search, lots of this stuff is available. The tips and tricks thread and this whole thread are both good reads.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
mfuhrmann

[ Edited ]

So, after the first 2 days with my Z10 and BB10, here are the things that bother me (or are missing to a perfect user experience):

- Auto-BCC for emails: After I'm trying to have a complete history of my mails on my notebook, it would be great to have an auto-BCC of the "Z10" so I can sort the sent mails from the Z10 into my sent-folder on the notebook.

- Sync with OwnCloud calendars: I got my Z10 working with the calendars of my OwnCloud, but why I have to use a seperate email for each calendar? Each calendar can be identified by the URL and there's no need to use 3 different mail addresses for calendars like "holiday", "prio high" and "prio low" (the Z10 refuses to create a new calendar with an already used mail-address)

- Sync with OwnCloud contacts: Up to now I wasn't successful to get the carddav working between OC and BB10 :-(

- Links in contacts: It would be great to turn off the links from the local contacts to the SIM. (what is this feature used for???)

- Birthday-calendar: If I can enter a birthday for a contact, why there is no link to a calendar and no reminder?

- Swipe to close: It would be great to have a single action to close an application

- Always start the hub in the "default" overview-screen

Some of the items were already mentioned inside the thread but maybe somebody cares if a big number of people complains about the same stuff ;-)

Forums Advisor III
drewread

If you are using IMAP (if it is available you should be!) rather than pop you will see the sent items, flagged items, read and un read items, etc reconciled across all clients. That negates the need for auto bcc as the sent items will all be on your server and reflected on all client machines. Mine are.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
mfuhrmann

There are still some mail providers out there that don't support IMAP ;-)

I also prefer to keep my data within my own 4 walls and don't like the idea to store anything longer on unknown servers than necessary. That's the reason for POP and Owncloud instead of GoogleMail, IMAP, ...

Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30

mfuhrmann wrote:

I also prefer to keep my data within my own 4 walls and don't like the idea to store anything longer on unknown servers than necessary. That's the reason for POP and Owncloud instead of GoogleMail, IMAP, ...

Agreed... I store nothing online and having access to sent items in IMAP does not replace BCC... I manage my emails by managing my inbox only so I copy sent emails to myself so they can be filed from one place... Having access to sent folder is just an unnecessary extra step for me making thins less efficient than they were before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
Regular Contributor
harvfl
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook

I can do that w Z10.
New Contributor
cpicklee
My Device: BB Z10

How to include call details in search

Hi There,

Today, I wanted to call one of my contacts.

I decided to search via the hub for their details to make the call.

Unfortunately, when I type in the contact particulars, search brought up no information, despite the fact that I had just made a call to the contact.

I would like to know, if there is anyway of including call details in the search via the hub please?

Bst Rgrds

Cpicklee

Visitor
s2cabrown

jgerard wrote:

Here's my feature list after a couple days with device:

1) Vibrate option for alarm

2) Mail filters for things like Priority 1 emails

3) Someplace to put custom ringtones that the media player won't deem "music" (If you "play all" when playing music, your ringtones are included in the list)

4) Fix the Twitter app - it is horrible

5) Notification profiles - BB10 is a HUGE downgrade from the granularity we had with pre BB10 (customizable per email account, different vibrate settings, different LED colors, etc)

...just my first few

:smileyhappy:

I wholeheartedly agree!  The fact that I have to listen to ringtones when playing music is atrocious.  In addition to that, why the heck can't I disable the stupid camera shutter aound when taking pictures or especially screenshots?  Sometimes, I think companies don't think about the entire experience when they design things. 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,983
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Fr3lncr wrote:

mfuhrmann wrote:

Agreed... I store nothing online and having access to sent items in IMAP does not replace BCC... I manage my emails by managing my inbox only so I copy sent emails to myself so they can be filed from one place... Having access to sent folder is just an unnecessary extra step for me making thins less efficient than they were before

If anyone thinks their emails and such are ONLY stored "within four walls" nowadays, they better get off the internet now.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code