Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Bernard, I'm not sure what you're looking for or wanting to test.

Could you create a separate thread for that discusson?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kmascoll
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

Back to the keyboard. If I happen to 'flick' the wrong word...

Instead of having to delete the entire word and start typing again, can I just click on the wrong word and get the words I could have chosen to appear in the top bar?

...someone has to like this idea
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
valv3man
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: celcom

[ Edited ]

I really hope they add some options in text message. which is when the contacts in the adress book had more than one phone number. We know which number send us the text message.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Text-Message-Options/m-p/2265511/highlight/fal...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dragonbz
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

1. Different notification for BBM n BBM groups also the ability to adjust the volume of it
2. Autotext please
3. Alarm sound adjustment
4. Clearing recent updates n ability to turn it off are part of BBM features that shouldn't be forgotten
5. Reading chat history from previous device

Thank you. That's for now.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dragonbz wrote:
1. Different notification for BBM n BBM groups also the ability to adjust the volume of it
2. Autotext please
3. Alarm sound adjustment
4. Clearing recent updates n ability to turn it off are part of BBM features that shouldn't be forgotten
5. Reading chat history from previous device

2. It's available now. Options > Language & Input > Automated Assistance > Word Substitution.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

harvfl wrote:
Thanks cas118. Works fine for me as left thumb hold, right point finger delete 2 step.

You can make this a one step swipe motion by first going into Hub Settings (... overflow button on the right and chose "settings") > then chose "Display and Actions" and turn off "Delete Message Confirmation"

Once that is done to delete a message simply touch and hold the message, then when the menu pops up on the right slide your finger over towards that menu, then slide downwards in the menu until you hit the garbage can icon, then slide slightly left onto the word "Delete" and lift your finger. This will quickly become a fluid reflexive motion, but becareful.. the confirmation dialog is gone and your emails will be nuked from the server. :smileywink:

To delete multiple items, touch and hold, then make the same motion to 'select more' and chose your messages then hit the trashcan. Gonzo. There is a slight bug in the Hub in that the first item you select is becoming deselected when you hit the chose 'more' icon. I think they will fix that soon enough becasue it works properly elsewhere.

Enjoy!

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

If anyone thinks their emails and such are ONLY stored "within four walls" nowadays, they better get off the internet now.

It's not about not having copies of email online, it's where the primary storage location of my emails are for management and organization purposes.  I can organize my emails a heck of a lot better in Outlook folders than I can online.  Also, if I don't have internet access, I can still access my files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

kmascoll wrote:
Back to the keyboard. If I happen to 'flick' the wrong word...

Instead of having to delete the entire word and start typing again, can I just click on the wrong word and get the words I could have chosen to appear in the top bar?

...someone has to like this idea

The fastest way to do this is to swipe left (the entire word will be immediately be deleted) and tap the first letter of that word. The options should then pop up for you again, but you may need to tap a second or third letter depending on how long the word was. :smileyhappy:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Fr3lncr wrote:

If anyone thinks their emails and such are ONLY stored "within four walls" nowadays, they better get off the internet now.

It's not about not having copies of email online, it's where the primary storage location of my emails are for management and organization purposes.  I can organize my emails a heck of a lot better in Outlook folders than I can online.  Also, if I don't have internet access, I can still access my files.

The folders are available online from the server via IMAP, just as they are in Outlook. Similar to the way that Exchange works. Not sure if you can folder into a subfolder or not.

You can also simply setup some archiving rules to pull older emails out of the IMAP folders and move them into PSTs once they are no longer required on the BB10 device.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kmascoll
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

That's the way I do it. But i don't want to have to delete the word and start typing. I'd like to make the correction in 2 clicks. One on the wrong word, the other on the right word.
Please use plain text.