Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ClaudePoissant1
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Can you delete saved wifi connections? I can't..very annoying
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chorotia
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Du

This is absolutely wonderful. I had started one topic yesterday without knowing about this thread but this is awedome, almost includes everything what I wrote and more....Hope RIM takes care of these ideas/feedback :-)

-----------

Blackberry Z10 - must have features in coming update very soon (without which I will sell the phone to someone)

There are several features missing in the new BB Z10 which otherwise is capable of giving goosebumps to all competetor smartphones. The MUST HAVE updates (apart from the deadly requirement of lot more applications) are:

1. There is no flexibility of using PIN and DOT-JOIN type of locks badly needed for this type of phone. Writing a password everytime it locks is too much to do specially when you keep getting text on your BBM every now and then and you are working along.
  2. Native MUSIC playing application is missing the feature of showing the LIST OF SONGS. It automatically segregates the songs/audio under album and singer categories which is good but please understand that not all mp3 are well sorted for all users and therefore sorting by songname (file name) is also important.
  3. There is no application level lock. So if I give my phone to any friend to check out the new BB Z10 which works well for business growth of Blackberry (word of mouth and customer doing your marketting), I am forced to compromise my text and pics which I may not want to share specially my BBM or Whatsapp for that matter. Or even emails, so there must be an application level lock for saving my privacy.
  4. Hub and every account which is configured should have its own PIN based lock to protect my phone and my information (business or personal) since this phone works well for both and it may eliminate the need of two phones.
  5. Ringtones and notification sounds are very much limited. Older tunes are also removed whereas bbm users are well versed with those sounds. 
  6. The profile making option is missing. Right now, we cannot customise how each application should give sound and vibrate (vibration control feature is missing). These are badly needed since the existing vibration is very long and not suitable for office setting.
  7. Integration with Whatsapp (or probably 3rd party apps) is not done well. For example, I cannot share even the image received from whatsapp to whatsapp users.
  8. Equilizer function is missing on the music player. It would be deadly if we had sound control both in audio and video playing by which BBZ10 will have edge over all competitors.
  9. Profile change happens only between Normal and Silent on clicking on the dropdown from the top, whereas every click should actually change to next type of profile (vibrate only etc). Custom profile feature is a must and customizing vibration is really needed without which it gives a feel of being so much limited.
  10. BB Link software should have a way to synchronize the contacts with outlook and windows contacts. Also, BB10 once connected through BBLink should synchronize the contacts. Currently, there is no easy way to transfer the contacts from existing phone to BBZ10 specially I am migrating from Iphone or Android. 

Regards,

Chorotia

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

To delete a wifi network.
Settings > Network Connections > Wifi.
Tap 'saved' in the action bar
Tap on the wifi network that you wish to delete.
Tap 'delete' in the action bar.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ravidolas
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Starhub

8.   Notification Panel needs option to disable 3G/4G Data Traffic and Adjust Display Brighness

9.   Notification Panel needs more options

10. Camera needs more scenes and HDR functionality

11. Calling should ask for confirmation when clicking on contacts appearing in calls section

Please use plain text.
GMT
New Contributor
GMT
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I would like to see added to the Z10;

1.  Be able to screen my email on the Z10 like I could on my Storm.  My Storm would ask me if I wanted to delete off the Storm only (leaving the email on the system for a later reply at home) or delete it off the system alltogether.  this way, when I returned to my home computer, I only had to deal with the email left, the others were screened off.

2.  Set the time Off and On for night time or after working hours so that I dont have to do it manually each evening.  I saw this same request elsewhere.

3.  On Bedside Mode, have the display stay on dimmed and not go out.  Would make a great clock.

4.  Get VZ Navigation working.  It is a great navagation program (better than the one built into my car).

5.  In contacts, sort by Last Name first, not just by Last Name.  This should be a no brainer for BB as they are business oriented.  I saw this request elsewhere too.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

The screen does stay on in bedside mode.

I use it as a clock every night.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

GMT wrote:

4.  Get VZ Navigation working.  It is a great navagation program (better than the one built into my car).

That would be a function for Verizon. BlackBerry does not develop that app.

Have you tried the BlackBerry Maps on the Z10... it totally new and much better than in the last on BBOS.

And it's free.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adamschuetze
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Feature ideas:

1.  At the lock screen, be able to swipe to 

a) camera

b) hub root

c) others?

Have it configurable in the options, so users can select what things they want on their lockscreen

2.  Cross platform BBM.  Android.  WP.  iOS.  Symbian.  Including a PC, OSX, Linux desktop client.  Use plugin model to connect with other messaging platforms, such as WhatsApp, Skype, etc.  BBM should be able to talk to them all, and BBM should be available on all platforms.

3.  Get rid of the Android player.  It's an ugly kludge.  

3a.  If you're not going to do that, at least label the applications in BB World, so we know what we're getting.

4.  Get rid of Adobe AIR, too much overhead.  4a.  ditto.

5.  Lastpass integration into the OS.  Long pressing on password or username fields (system wide, not just in the browser) should load up Lastpass integration.

6.  Ability to archive Google Mail from the hub.

7.  Discard Tom Tom and use Google Maps API for navigator, instead.

8.  Need a big push for NATIVE coded (not crappy ports) of major applications.  Kindle.  eBay.  Amazon.  Pocket.  Pinterest.  Tunein Radio. Tapatalk.  Photoshop Touch.

9.  An SSH/SCP client is essential.

10.  BB Protect

11.  A newsreader that syncs up with Feedly.  

12.  A podcast catcher app.

13.  Ability to modify screen backlight timeout, on a per-app basis

14.  Full Evernote functionality in BB Remember.  Need to be able to sort/search by tag(s).  Merge notes.  Add check box lists, etc.  Basically, if the Android/iOS Evernote app can do it, BB Remember needs to be able to do it.

15.  Subtle slide-down-from-the-top toasts for emails/notifications/etc.

16.  Ability to setup different color LEDs for different emails/notifications/etc.

17.  Ability to "snooze" a notification, email alert, etc.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

#6. When you delete an email in the hub, it will archive rather than delete in GMail.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adamschuetze
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Yeah, but I don't want to archive every email I delete... we need the option of both.

Please use plain text.