Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ClaudePoissant1
My Device: blackberry z10

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Foxx805 I don't think there is any trolling going on here. This IS a blackberry forum. That is not to say that we should be bashing each others ideas but just as you are free to voice your opinion others are as well. Please stay and enjoy the thread and let's try and keep it clean.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Indeed, I think JSanders was asking for some elaboration rather than taking a pop at the idea.

Certainly some easier unlock mechanism either through larger buttons or pattern lock or something else wouldn't be a bad idea.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
FoXX805
My Device: Z10

Oh yeah. I should of elaborated a little more scutinizing the obvious flaws like lack of mind reading app.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Sorry I said anything!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
FoXX805
My Device: Z10

Lol its ok
Regular Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800

Simplified lock screen - numeric keypad for a quick 4 digit entry "with one thumb"

Disable automatic locking after xx minutes - annoying when the device is with me at home all day

Manual locking - One-button method to lock device so that it can only be woken up with a passcode

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Fox, as to "My" trolling, I created this thread, and will continue to monitor and respond to posts I both think are creative and to those I don't understand, such as yours (with what I thought was a bit of added levity). I can't help that you might be so easily offended.
Every so often we have scoured these user-posted suggestions and updated the initial post with all collected feature requests. If I don't understand a suggestion I certainly can't include it and hope others will understand it.

Now, you appear to have a huge chip on your shoulder (aside from major misconceptions about ones age of whom you know absolutely nothing) if my humor offends you, it could say as much about your age as well as mine.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders

ssbtech Thank You!
In the past on legacy BBOS devices those type unlock features were added with third party apps. Perhaps there will be soon. Or by BlackBerry themselves. Thanks for being willing to clarify.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.

Knowledge Base Updates
LilUnique
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

I don't know if this was in the opening post so I apologize in advance. But in BB10, I would like to have the ability to add a custom ringtone for specific contacts for a text message and not just for the phone function, like it is on legacy devices. I don't know that this function was missing until today, and I would like to get the Z10.

JSanders

LilUnique, it is on the list. Check it.

Check out two third party apps, BeBuzz and Hub++ and see if they will provide what you need.

Knowledge Base Updates