Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Native file manager currently has quick access to Device, SD Card and Dropbox via a simple swipe to the right. 

I'd like to see other storage services incorporated into this, such as Google Drive, SkyDrive, Evernote, etc...

Attaching files to emails, uploading photos with the facebook app and other functions could benefit from this as those apps use the native file manager to browse for files. 

New Contributor
CyberDaeng
My Device: Z10

Sent to all in bbm broadcast feature. I have over 800 BBM contact which is my clients. Now Im confused how to broadcast event and promos to our client since its too much work now with bb10 cause we had to select the contact one by one.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

There's a select all button in 10.1.

Very soon :smileyhappy:

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
dragonbz
My Device: z10

U can do broadcast message in leaked version.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

@dask "As hundreds of horror stories will attest, nobody gets this right on any phone because the feedback to the user just doesn't make enough sense (other than hoping that if you're at the absolute bottom of the linear volume-button travel everything is off, but then 'soft stop' at the first level of mute throws users who've figured out the 'hold the button down' behavior off). IIRC the Settings dropdown also suffers from some 'hidden mode-itis' - that's basically taking over the screen so there's enough room to provide a big fat MUTE EVERYTHING toggle and finer control by a series of toggles grayed out when the full mute is active but showing what state you'll come back to."

Not sure if I understand that correctly, but when you swipe down the main settings menu the icon for notifications is actually a toggle for silent / your current mode. Clicking the word notifications takes you to the notification settings, so perhaps that is what your are looking for.

In fact on that menu all of the icons (except for the settings one) are toggle switches.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Forums Advisor III
drewread

@ssbtech, RE: "I'd like to see other storage services incorporated into this, such as Google Drive, SkyDrive, Evernote, etc..." Evernote is integrated directly into Remember via account settings, this is Native and it does work. That said, have you tried downloading the "PlayCloud Trial" App? I believe that this app would probably give you what you are looking for, I have only looked briefly at the trial, but it affords you access to all of those cloud services (and more) and works as a local file manager as well.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
bbwoz
My Device: z10

First i am still unable to remove a word that appears in the space bar to "correct" a word i have tyoed.  As you may recall i may not want it to.  the suggestion of move finger up to get the space bar to reappear only causes the word to be replaced and the space bar reappears.

Second, i do not see any way to organize contacts.  The alphabetical hodgepodge convoluted further by throwing in all the social media stuff makes picking contacts laborious.  I frequently use only 20-40 contacts.  It would seem that they should be first.  If i am in an email i would want my business email list to predominate, or if personal email, i would want that personal list to dominate - or be solely the list.  Instead i get 4 versions of everyone, including useless LinkedIn suggestions.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bbwoz wrote:

First i am still unable to remove a word that appears in the space bar to "correct" a word i have tyoed.  As you may recall i may not want it to.  the suggestion of move finger up to get the space bar to reappear only causes the word to be replaced and the space bar reappears.

Often you'll see two choices on the space bar, One in blue as the 'correction' and one in white is what you actually entered. If you lightly swipe UP the white word, you're ok. If that doesn't work for you, touch the text entry area again in the empty space after your word, and it should accept what you've entered.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
ssbtech

drewread wrote:
@ssbtech, RE: "I'd like to see other storage services incorporated into this, such as Google Drive, SkyDrive, Evernote, etc..." Evernote is integrated directly into Remember via account settings, this is Native and it does work. That said, have you tried downloading the "PlayCloud Trial" App? I believe that this app would probably give you what you are looking for, I have only looked briefly at the trial, but it affords you access to all of those cloud services (and more) and works as a local file manager as well.

I have, but I prefer to see that functionality built in, especially when other apps call on the native file manager for various tasks. 

Regular Contributor
ssbtech

Consistency

It seems like BlackBerry's designers aren't following their own design guidelines all that well.  In an app, swiping down should bring up the top menu where you can access settings for that app. In the Browser, swiping down does nothing, you have to access settings through the three-dot menu. 

Consistency should be improved so that no matter where you are or what app you're in, functions are accessed the same way. 

File manager sorting

When you want to sort files, you hit the three dots, hit sort and then choose a sorting method.  Add an "OK" button so you can select the method and the order without having to go back through the menu a second time.