Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

UKuser55 wrote:
Alarm is too easy to accidentally change when clock is open (my home screen).

You mean when running the clock in full screen, how is it too easy to change the alarm, which clock face are you running?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
captainbdsc
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

On the Z10

When accessing contacts through phone app, move the search field to the bottom of the screen so it is more easily accessible to search for a contact.

Chivalry Will Never Die
Contributor
audhie
My Device: z10

Updated STL 100-2 to OS 10.1

still not improved yet:

- Enter: To change line in BBM. (this is a must have !!!!)

- Alarm: can only set 1 alarm?

Contributor
Sierra_69
My Device: Curve 8310 & Z10

These were integral features to previous BB handhelds that MUST be added back:

• Creation of customisable notification profiles (For example:  On call, In meeting, in car) to support different ringtones, volume levels etc.
  • Inbuilt message filters based on various criteria (sender, subject, contains text etc.) that filters messages BEFORE they get pushed to your handheld (done at BES level) to save on battery/bandwidth/constant interruptions.

All of us on call are stuck between getting woken up unnecessarily may times a night, or missing calls completely because of the lack of the customisation of profiles.   Plus we get many system generated messages/logs/low level alerts that we want to keep and refer to them on our PC's if we need to – but do not need them constantly streaming to our phones.  We go from being constantly distracted from work because there is another unwanted message to just ignoring messages all together.

A lot of my colleagues are preaching about other platforms.  Blackberry – you set the bench mark here for enterprise/business level handhelds You need to prove why we don’t need to shut down our BES servers, swap our handhelds and just using ActiveSync on another product.

Contributor
darryloneill
My Device: Z10

Looks like a number of the things on the April list showed up in 10.1.

Disable notifications and main screen count for selected email accounts.  You can remove an account from Hub but you still get the flashing LED and an email count on the screensaver screen.

Have a time of day reminders on tasks not just a day.  Having 5 task reminders pop up at 8:00 AM is not helpful.

Next/Previous unread email on Z10 (perhaps use the volume up and down?)

New Developer
JunkieXP
My Device: 9900 / DevAlpha

Hold Q to select Vibrate Profile.

Ability to popup Z10 Keyboard everywhere to use actions like the above and B to go to the bottom of a Webpage (or Context Menu integration).
Contributor
the_look

The virtual keyboard can already pop up in any part of the OS by swiping up from the bottom with 2 fingers.

It would be nice if they added keyboard shortcuts to that, or at least the ability to start typing and do a search like on the Q10
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

You can do this I'm the browser in 10.1:

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/z10-tip-browser-shortcuts-os-10-1-5947/

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
ajmalcom
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, the_look, Amazingly helpful tip! I've been looking to figure out how to do that.
Regular Contributor
Rush-O-Matic

But, too bad 10.1 is not available for all us AT&T users - with no indication of a release date.