Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310 & Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Next unread message

Thanks, but not much good for us Z10 users. Smiley Indifferent

I imagine this also applies to the other various shortcut keys we had on our previos BB handhelds (like C - Compose, F - Profiles etc.)????

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

for those home screen shortcuts, it is the same problem for any BlackBerry phone without a keyboard (Storm, Torch & Z10).

if you have OS 10.1, you can use the search to type instructions. Not exactly the same as "one-key shortcuts", but it is the nearest today.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Xandrex wrote:
for those home screen shortcuts, it is the same problem for any BlackBerry phone without a keyboard (Storm, Torch & Z10).

if you have OS 10.1, you can use the search to type instructions. Not exactly the same as "one-key shortcuts", but it is the nearest today.

I have 10.1.  I am not sure what you mean by using search to type instructions as a sortcut.   Can you clarify?

grp
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: AT&^

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Here's one that I see very little of.

Support for Blackberry cloud services for office 365.

Use of activesync is fine and all but I would much rather utilize BCS because then I can utilize workspace.

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sierra_69 wrote:

I have 10.1.  I am not sure what you mean by using search to type instructions as a sortcut.   Can you clarify?

Using the SEARCH icon on the apps screen (down at the bottom next to the camera icon) you type any command such as "bbm john" and it will bring up your contacts named John to send a BBM message to. Or most any other command you can think of.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

JSanders wrote:

Sierra_69 wrote:

Using the SEARCH icon on the apps screen (down at the bottom next to the camera icon) you type any command such as "bbm john" and it will bring up your contacts named John to send a BBM message to. Or most any other command you can think of.

sorry Sierra_69,

indeed I was not specific enough.

The name of this feature is named "BlackBerry Instant Actions". More info with the complete list of those Instant Actions can be found in this article from Ty Williams in the BlackBerryHelp blog:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/05/how-to-use-blackberry-q10-instant-action/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 | STL100-1
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

Hey all I have a simple idea that will help with general usability.

In the home screen instead of having the Hub | Active Frames| 1 | 2 | 3, BlackBerry should add in a page for "Favorites" (a star should suffice as an icon).

If they layout was Hub | Active Frames | * | 1 | 2 | 3, and they add in a gesture that's opposite to the Hub Swipe, BB10 would not have a generic scroll through list of apps, but instead a page filled with all your frequently used apps that you don't want to leave multitasking the whole day.

This essentially removes the need for instant action on a Z10 and would also change the dynamic of the old endless pages of icons.

In short, I would like the Ability to Swipe Up and Left to get to a Favorites icon page.

Sorry a little longer that expected but its a lot easier to get my point across in the longer post.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

I don't think that having a favourites pane is any different to just putting your apps in screen #1 to be honest. 

However, I do like the idea of the reverse hub gesture so that you can jump straight to your apps list. That would solve one slightly annoying feature of having to frame and then swipe to get back to the icon grid. 

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed, we basically already have a "favorites" app panel, by putting your favorite most used apps in the first panel.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks for the advice on the 'Blackberry Instant Actions'.  It seems to work OK for some functions, but unfortunately does not come anywhere close to the shortcut key features in previous OSes.

sorry Sierra_69,

indeed I was not specific enough.

The name of this feature is named "BlackBerry Instant Actions". More info with the complete list of those Instant Actions can be found in this article from Ty Williams in the BlackBerryHelp blog:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/05/how-to-use-blackberry-q10-instant-action/