Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
swaxolez
My Device: Playbook

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

yes I have.  I havent seen anything for BB10.  Could you point me to an app that does this in BB10?

Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I may be old school and disconnected from the new reality of phone makers. But I miss the days when phone manufacturers provided rich feature sets instead of a bare framework that could then be filled by the writers of buggy apps. 

I tried Android a couple years back and compared to the BB7 OS, Android was a lot of **bleep**. The third party apps that tried to make up for bugs and shortcomings in Android sucked also.  I wrote myself a lengthy important note with valuable measurements that took like 2 hours in EverNote and upon saving, the whole thing crashed and gave me the "Memo updated Externally" error.  In contrast, at the time Blackberry 7 OS was full featured and rock stable.  In fact, that incident made me return the shiny new Samsung Galaxy 3 to T-Mobile and be so happy when my beat up old 9700 was reactivated and with the exception of internet browsing, lightyears better and more efficient to use than the Galaxy touch screen, everything takes 7 swipes to do what I can do with one hardware button click on the old BB....

My biggest concern is that third party apps are often immature, buggy, have a terrible UI, cost money to try and then discard, are unsupported, and may introduce memory and stability problems that are hard to debug.

My request (which is unlikely to be meetable near term) is that Blackberry continue its historical strategy of building the best ever business phone with a good set of features that works.

The sad fact is that OS10 so far doesn't come close to meeting that request, and that the pace of progress toward that objective is far slower than I would like. ...

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

, The latest 10.2.0.xxx OS is absolutely great.

The next 10.2.1.xxx is even better, been reading and seeing the many new features involved in that, you'll love it.

As far as "buggy" third party apps, I rarely recommend in this forum apps I haven't tried myself and I don't recommend buggy apps. When I do recommend one I haven't tried, I'll say so.

Not ALL features will always be included in the native OS. Developers and apps drive a lot of business and "excitement" (for lack of a better word) for the manufactures like BlackBerry. I'd hate to see of the great developer friends I know put out of business. That said, BlackBerry does often adopt features found in third party apps, they did it with the legacy BBOS almost every upgrade (such as group SMS, etc).

Anyway, good comments.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
nospa
My Device: Q10

The worst thing in BB10 is that it downloads all emails, rather than download headers only and open emails ONLY if I select them!

So the main feature I need for BB10 is:

"More options to lower data usage in e-mail (Headers Only / Roaming Profiles)"

It is something I don't realize that BB10 does not allow me to choose this options, beacuse it is something which I mean as STANDARD in IMAP.

Please ADD THIS in next software version!

Contributor
Bajja
My Device: Z10

Two things would make it better for me;

1. The option to have the Dark Theme across everything.

2. Better landscape versions of all screens, because I'm regularly connecting my Z10 to TVs and projectors.

arkangl67
My Device: bb z10

separate volume control for texts. phone. email. etc.
right now its just notifications volume.
my work knows that if I dont answer a call they text. I can keep the phone volume down and the text in vibrate mode
Contributor
ma_anand
My Device: BB z10

Very genuine request. I second it
New Contributor
GG_Z-10
My Device: Z-10

Need a  persistent alert for calendar reminders. (Tone / vibrate every x minutes until acknowledged.)  A single alert tone can go unnoticed and the reminder is lost.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

GG_Z-10 wrote:

Need a  persistent alert for calendar reminders. (Tone / vibrate every x minutes until acknowledged.)  A single alert tone can go unnoticed and the reminder is lost.

I believe BeBuzz will do that. I think. There's a free version if you want to find out, in AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Device: Blackberry Z10

An option for the Hub to display email in the order it comes into the Hub, rather than when it was supposedly delivered. 

I.e. some email accounts are much more likely to not deliver mail every 15 minutes than others (i.e. godaddy email seems particularly sporadic with the Z10 - works better with iPhone/BB8700, Android...) 

I need any message to be at the top of the Hub message listing when it does arrive.  What happens now is that I get yesterday's email today, but don't have a way of knowing that I need to scroll back down to yesterday to read very important unread mail.... That way email gets missed entirely.  This just cost me several $1k, and I could buy numerous new phones with the cost of this feature....