Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

I just got my Z10 last week and a lot of these suggestions are already solved.  We should start a new list for those still outstanding and new suggestions.

New Contributor

a new setting in hub for NOT marking messages as read by default when opened.

(so I can quickly look through messages and by default they are all unread) Only when I actually think I'm done with a message will I actively mark it as read.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Yeah, sure. But it could activate only when you swipe your finger, just the same as the keyboard on the Z10.

I brought this up because first of all it would be **bleep** cool. Second, unlocking a biometric sensor is way harder than checking someone's password over their shoulder. And thirdly, I use my phone a lot when I'm riding shotgun with someone and with the car moving it gets hard to type my password and it takes a lot longer

My Device: z10

I don't know what you mean. I don't want to rap the back buttons. I want to see the hub every time I go to access it. Not the last message or email that I had open in the hub. Can you do thus now?
Solutions: 6,097
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please folks, this thread is for open Feature Requests and suggestions... not for debate whether it's a worthy suggestion or not. If there is a request that is already a feature, by all means point that out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi, I did the upgrade for the software, and as the beginning I had lot's of problem, you told me it should take some time before all goes back to the normal and it was true, all major stuff that I do with my phone went back to normal, except 1 thing. The phone does not ring anymore, tried a lot of modifications nothing to do, it wont ring....could you help me

ttomassi2 wrote:

Hi, I did the upgrade for the software, and as the beginning I had lot's of problem, you told me it should take some time before all goes back to the normal and it was true, all major stuff that I do with my phone went back to normal, except 1 thing. The phone does not ring anymore, tried a lot of modifications nothing to do, it wont ring....could you help me

Go to AppWorld and search for and download the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app.

With it installed, you can run tests to determine if the ringing issue is indeed a hardware issue or software.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Alright, done, all test a success, but still no ringer when receiving a call.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10-STL100-3

Not sure if this has been suggested or not but have you inserted earphones before the ringer issue? Try clicking the volume keys and take note if it says media or headset volume. It's quite possible that the phone didn't recognize the removal of the earphones and is still routing audio signals to the 3.5mm jack instead of the speaker

ttomassi2 wrote:

Alright, done, all test a success, but still no ringer when receiving a call.

Make certain you don't have your device on Silent.

Settings > Notifications.

Knowledge Base Updates