Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
DC_Portugal
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Yes, like the active frames screen. You use it if you want to, otherwise you keep it closed and don't even notice it's there. Forcing people to use a feature just because developers or executives think it's good is just anoying. It should be as customizable and user adaptable as possible. And I'm not only talking about BB10, this should be a rule of thumb for every OS.

And still on the topic of screen swipes, the apps menu needs a bit more work. Maybe on a more of a "tree" architecture, with app folders inside app folders. And let us choose a custom icon for every folder.

For exemple, I would like to have a "games" folder, with the icon of an x-box controler. Inside it a "action" folder with a gun on it, a "racing" folder with a wheel, a "arcade" folder with a pac-man, and so on...

New Contributor
paulka
My Device: Z30 & Q10

I signed up onto this forum only to say that this list is extensive and well thought out. Please BB make it happen!

I have personally continued to use and reccomend the new Blackberry devices to everyone who would benifit from this type of device. The reason I love BB is the power of the OS, even without apps, most tasks are easily acomplished with the stock apps.

To add my two cents:

• Extensive Data (bandwidth) usage tracking both wifi and mobile
  • Better VPN protocols, openVPN and PTPP would great for security not just office VPNs
  • Web browser access to single device management. Ability to edit settings and move files: ideally this would come in the form of a web app like 192.168.1.100:8888 Manage my BB device web portal. Ability to add remove email accounts, edit signatures, possibly even read emails. Similar to the android app airdroid, but with that special BB look and feel, and extended usage options. This is just an idea not a nessescity but would be pretty awesome. This idea is even verging on the convergence idea, but basically gives you a big screen, and using web technologies through a browser means it could run instantly on almost ny computer, not only windows and mac as the current BB link does.
  • Better signature editing options including HTML.
  • Modify the defualt style/format of replies not just one by one.
New Contributor
paulka
My Device: Z30 & Q10

[ Edited ]

I was just wondering should we also post our ideas to this site: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/nextgen/ideas

It looks official... We could then upvote ideas and developers could more easily see things that more people want/need.

Correction to my previous post, it appears Blackberry Blend is the web interface that I was looking for! Can;t wait for 10.3!!!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

paulka wrote:

I was just wondering should we also post our ideas to this site: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/nextgen/ideas

It looks official... We could then upvote ideas and developers could more easily see things that more people want/need.

I certainly have posted there.

This thread just happens to pre-date the "icanmakeitbetter" site.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer
andrew_v
My Device: Dev. Alpha

Add BBM to Favorits in the "Calls" application
New Developer
andrew_v

I mean BBM contact to the favorits, so I can make a call from one place instead of going to contacts or bbm
New Developer
andrew_v

Add Speaker-phone (Loudspeaker) button to BBM video chat
New Contributor
iBOREK
My Device: Q10

Dear BBRY please  finalize HUB and Remeber integration in this way :
1) add possibility to create Remeber items directly from all HUB items (like emails, SMS, calls etc.) including their headers and attachements.  (Header is info such as SMS sender number, name, time received and content for SMS for instance. Attachments like files, MMS content etc.) It would be breakthrough feature for business users ! Evolve  HUB as "inbound queue" and Remeber as follow-up "to-do" tool. In perfect seamless harmony !

2) fix the bug in HUB searching - it fails (no matches) when you search against string containing underscore symbol (e.g. searching for BOREK against items IVAN_BOREK@ABC.COM returns "no results" ! :-( Simply provide us with real full-text searching in HUB.

Well. Hopefully. Good night.

cclohesy
My Device: Blackberry z10

Multi-touch message selection!!

I miss being able to pick msg, scroll up and pick next next with a number in between and deleted or file.
My 3 touch option has now tunred into 7 touches!!!
So much more efficient than it was on a 9900!! Not!

When new versions of software come out you actually begin to wonder if the scripters writing he backend actually use the sowftae in practise or not.

10.2.1.29411 - they probably never saw any of the previous versions of BB that were just super at what they did.  If I could have the same touch capabilities as on my 9900 I would be so happy!

New Contributor
nhswork
My Device: Z10

I second the idea to have: a single gesture to close an app, NOT just minimize to active frame (don't care if it's swipe all the way up, swipe up left, swipe down.)

an extra 2 seconds to hit the little "x" close button, multiply by hundreds of times I do it per day, multiply by millions of BB users, is a LOT of wasted time.

a feature request for this feature request thread, Blackberry should either build a web page for this or use a platform where user can easily upvote an idea. With no official channel, we are using a forum for purposes unintended for. Right now, I cannot search within this thread to find the idea I like to upvote with "likes". I'm sure a lot of suggestions are repeated, and Blackberry employee is not going to read through thousands of suggestions. More effective for them to look for the ones with highest likes. and right now all replies are sorted chronologically, not by popularity, again makes it hard to notice which ideas gain most support.

Just spend 10 minutes writing something probably no real blackberry employee will ever see... #painsofbbfan