Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Absolutely! Ivan
Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

nhswork wrote:

a feature request for this feature request thread, Blackberry should either build a web page for this or use a platform where user can easily upvote an idea.

nhswork, if you scroll up about 5-6 posts, you'll see they have done just that.  blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

This thread predates that site linked earlier, and if you do read the first sentence of the first post in this thread, you'll also see this thread was never intended as anything official but for community discussion.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Got two more related to the lock screen:

Add another permition option to apps: "launch from lock screen" I mention this because I downloaded a very neat app with a "In Case of Emergency" icon which serves, basically, to store emergency contacts and medical information for the EMT's to use if I ever get in a car crash or some other type of accident severe enough to leave me incapacitated. Obviously, this is useless if the EMT does not get past the lock screen and risking the safety of my private data for something that almost certainly will never happen by leaving the phone unlocked won't cut it either. And obviously, this may be useful for any number of apps, like a notepad, music player, etc.

Also, there should be a way to display notes on the lock screen, next to the clock and notifications, so I could have a permanent reminder of important things with a simple glance at the phone.

Finally, add an option to turn on the flashlight with the volume control buttons. Maybe pressing and holding, or pressing in a sequence?

DC_Portugal wrote:

Got two more related to the lock screen:

Add another permition option to apps: "launch from lock screen" I mention this because I downloaded a very neat app with a "In Case of Emergency" icon which serves, basically, to store emergency contacts and medical information for the EMT's to use if I ever get in a car crash or some other type of accident severe enough to leave me incapacitated.

Yea, that would be a worthless app, hope it was free.

What I do is add my "ICE" message to the lockscreen... in case of emergency, contact... yada yada yada"

Settings > Security > Lock Screen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

Need ability to choose how large photo is when sending it via bbm, mms...pictures are compressing too much and becoming very pixelated and poor quality.

SqwkR wrote:

Need ability to choose how large photo is when sending it via bbm, mms...pictures are compressing too much and becoming very pixelated and poor quality.

On BBM, your recipient has the choice to request from you a high res image. If they want it.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Features requested from Blackberry to be in included in next major release 

1. making tasks / notes from email - using text in mail as note & task ' this option is misisng from right hand side menu '

2. ability to add event from / of email - this option is missing from right hand side menu. 

3. skype to be included in hub. 

4. ability to quickly add contacts from linkedin / social profile. 

I find feature no 1&2 to be missing as kind of major drawback from right hand side menu. 

Esp for 1 - this feature must be included so that we can quickly make small notes from email or add tasks. 

Esp. for 2 as many time before going in meeting I wanted to be reminded to read particular email or before making call to client. 

Esp. for 3 - skype missing in hub does not make any sense. 

Esp. for 4 - this is handy feature esp when blackberry OS is able to pull social contacts if that is so why not allow them to be added as contact. 

I would appreciate if any forum member is able to provide additional feature requests or point to already open thread when new features can be requested from blackberry team. 

-
Triton V
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Exactely. Integration between Hub and Remember for emails and all other interactions! Ivan
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

[ Edited ]

Just back to civilization :smileyhappy: ... and found out there's a new OS update for my Z10 (into 10.2.1.2977)... it's small size file (around17MB)... but sadly, i don't know what is the update effect to my Z10. Tried to look in to blackberry site, but the explanation just unto 10.2.

...so my suggestion for futher update... perhaps the developer should give an explanation what is the update (especiaaly what is the change or the new effect to my phone) on the "Sofware Update Screen"... just like what they made when we are trying to update BBM apps from BB World.

PS: the funny things... the request update in the screen is to update in to 10.2.2977. but after it's completed and auto-restarting,  the screen said "You now have the latest software installed. BlackBerry 10 has been updated to version 10.2.1.2941"... and when I jump to Software Update Screen /Page on the Setting, It said "Currently Installed: BlackBerry 10 OS, Software Release 10.2.1.2977". When I tried to "Check for Updates" again, there's no more updates. So, which one is true? 2977 or 2941? If there's anyone has not updated to 2977, try to update and confirm this behavior, pls.

Ty.

I sent it from my BBzTen.

One number is the OS version, one is the Software version.

Settings > About > OS.

Knowledge Base Updates