Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
vincek001
My Device: BBZ10

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

I'm a heavy traveller and loved the fact that I could travel to Asia for a week and received 100 emails a day and still only use 8MB of data.  That differentiation is now gone and I am like every other user.  In fact travelling with my Z10 is now only used for Voice/Text and WiFi hotspots.  I now know why the iPhone is associated with lack of productivity.

This is what I want that should differentiate BB from iPhone:

1) Headers Only - download only headers of emails as an option.  Often there is junk in an email that can be determined from the header.  Deleting from the list would be great without having to open up the whole of the email.

2) Roaming Profile - I would like the ability to choose which application Roam and which do not.  As an example I only want BBM as an App and Email (Headers).   And maybe WhatsApp as well.  Anything not in the Roaming Profile is blocked from using Roaming Data.

3) Roaming Profile App - as above but an App that can be pushed out for non BES SMB's.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JVanB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]
Z10 doesn't allow Due Time on the Remember tasks...
One thing I really miss is being able to put both a Due date and TIME on the Remember tasks. It's a BIG bother to constantly snooze a task in the morning if you really don't need to deal with it until 10:00PM. Could this be added back in -- it was part of my BB 9700 and now it's gone. :-(
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JVanB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

One thing I miss is being able to have different "vibrates' for different events.  My BB 9700 allowed me to set short/medium/long lengths and one/two/three vibrates.  It would be great to get these back on the BB Z10 again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slickvguy
My Device: Z10

1) A setting to receive notifications from Favorited contacts only - otherwise SIlent. i.e. a SIlent/notifications off EXCEPT for favorited contacts.

2) Configurable vibe or 2 or 3 different vibes.

3) A way to disable an account. Simple on/off. You can disable DISPLAYING of messages from an account in teh Hub, but you must delete the account if you want that specific account's messages to not be received at all. The only ways to do this is to turn data off, which prevents data from ALL accounts being received, or to change an individual account's push off and sync to manual. I just want to be able to disable certain accounts that receive a lot of non-critical e-mails when I am connected through the mobile network (to reduce bandwidth).

p.s. When you tap "Next" on the e-mail composition screen, from the Subject: field, it does NOT go directly into the body part of the e-mail. You have to tap again. Worse, the keyboard disappears. Very annoying.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aseem_asrani

1. There should be a way to delete recently viewed Pictures and Videos and an option to hide folders (like in Bold 9900) (if there is, please do let me know.)

2. Option to delete mails only from the handset.

3. Multiple Alarm Options.

4. Option to scroll in a line to reach a particular place to stop.

5. Option to customize HUB, placement of tabs as per personnel priority. 

My phone is having some wifi connection issue, which I saw others are also complain about, which needs to have a solution ASAP.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

aseem_asrani wrote:

1. There should be a way to delete recently viewed Pictures and Videos and an option to hide folders (like in Bold 9900) (if there is, please do let me know.)

2. Option to delete mails only from the handset.  You're using ActiveSync technology, so your inbox mirrors exactly what is also on your email server. If you delete from the handheld, it deletes from the server. That's how Active Sync works.

3. Multiple Alarm Options.  Agreed

4. Option to scroll in a line to reach a particular place to stop.  Could you please explain?

5. Option to customize HUB, placement of tabs as per personnel priority.  Agreed. You can currently remove some messages from the Hub.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30

While some people want the ability to delete emails from the phone and keep it on the server, I need the oppostie:

The ability to store emails on the phone that are deleted from the server.

In BBOS with BIS, since essentially copies of the emails were pushed to the phone, emails would not delete until I deleted them on the phone, not the server.  I don't keep any emails on the 'cloud' and I use Outlook on my PC to download everything so they get removed from either gmail or hotmail when I sync.

Again, with BBOS, they would stay on my phone and I could delete them when I needed to.

On OS10, like with Android, due to ActiveSync, they will remove from my phone when I run Outlook.

On Android, I get around this by running third party apps (either K9 or AquaMail) which allow you to keep the email on the phone even if it is deleted from the server.

It is a user controlled option so if people need it, they have it.  If they don't, then it can work as is.  Conversely, both this apps allow you to set if when you delete an email from the phone it deletes from just the phone or the phone and the server.

So, this functionality exists and since BlackBerry's have been known as the go-to device for those functionalities around communication, I really hope this functionality gets implemented.

To me at least, this is an absolute requirement for my phone.  If BB10 doesn't offer it, I hope a third party app will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sinserli

Exchange ActiveSync with Outlook (without BES):

• possibility to choose which contacts folder I would like or not to synchronise (under AciveSync --> Email --> there is the possibility to select which folder one would like to synchronise)

Deleting contacts:

• possibility to delete all contact at once like under OS 7.1

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ceathan
My Device: z10

Ability to Select text with two blue circles as opposed to those little blue markers.

Selected contact displayed in full, with pop up menu allowing mail, text, edit, etc functions, I store a lot of notes etc that I have to access through long hold and tap.

Thanks BB

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30

Some more:

1) 0S 7.1 style notifications.  Just copy what you did before and everyone will be happy.  No need to reinvent the wheel.

2) Abiltity to add settings to the drop down bar.  There is a lot of space there to play with, let's use it to allow people to save time getting to those settings/features they want to access often.

3) Browser.  Where to start.  BB finally has probably the fastest internet browsing in the least functional browser.  We need bookmark management (with folders, sorting, organization), better tab management?.  Swiping down is a wasted gesture in the browser just showing the page title (something more can be made out of it I'm sure).  And instead of the tab button on the bottom left, just enable a full left swip that does the same thing as it is more functional and would remove the need for an icon that could be better used with a longer URL bar.  Same thing for the right really.  Basically, look at Dolphin Browser on Android and use that as a model as it provides a lot more functionality.

4) Keyboard:  Showing the number keys for passwords is great.  Having extended keys is great for the numbers. Not knowing what those keys are, is not.  Show a minature of the extended key as we are not mind readers.

5) Browser homescreen shortcuts that involve web site with password access don't work (i.e. Google Reader keeps on asking me for my password as it isn't saving, despite it working fine as a browser bookmark).

6) Landscape mode for the calendar.  I'm sure all the info on the bottom of the screen can be relocated to the right side and it would look great in landscape mode.

7) Ability to turn the shutter on or off for the camera.  Seriously, there is no law that requires a shutter sound.  If there are Enterprise concerns, they can either enable it or just disable the camera completely.  For consumers, we don't want it.

I guess that is good enough for now.  I'll add more later.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
Please use plain text.