Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

"but there is no way to configure which folders not to synchronize to the phone. This would be an important setting for each account. The same mechanism that is there for the emails would be fine."

Umm, Settings > Accounts > "Your Email Account" > Edit Folder Settings.

Is this not where you can configure what folders are and aren't synced to your phone?

Seems to work alright for me.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
aseem_asrani
My Device: Z10

Soon after I entered my post I realized there is a way to do it.. In fact being an Iphone user before I thought it would work in a similar way not realizing that you have to hold the pop up lens from side to move it around... :smileyhappy: still thanx for your help.
Contributor
ceathan
My Device: z10

@ Geocept, the locking fuction does render the phone useless, I had to disable it, so point well made and fully supported.

I have blackberry Link synced through my wireless network, I have noticed so far that all files seem to sync without any screen prompts, have to admit I havent had to plug in a usb cable yet, I played some phone videos the other day over the wireless network onto my laptop and they were jittery to say the least, so all has to be copied/synced across first.

The software update (10.0.10.90)cured most of my issues.

Good to here someone with experience on other mobile platforms giving the Z10 a thumbs up, welcome to the club.

New Contributor
aseem_asrani

2 Very Important Updates required are

1. Proper notification when a picture is posted or commented upon in a BBM group. This is such a shock to see that there is no notification (no red star no light blink nothing) and you have to open bbm and go on group page to check.

2. When you receive multiple pics in a mail, you should be able to just slide the pic to go onto the next one then to go back and click on the next one.

Wifi connection error (I noticed like me many have this problem) - my phone connects to the wifi network but is connected to the internet only for few seconds and then it breaks but still shows strong wifi connection. I'm using same wifi on my computer and it's absolutely working fine. 3G works fine on the phone but downloading bigger files hurt. If anyone knows a solution to this, please help.

New Contributor
geocept

[ Edited ]

Reply to  cas118:

For Email folder yes - it works like this - I know.

I am looking for the same solution for contact folders!

Contributor
arkaroola

In Hub Management, I would like to be able to toggle Phone Calls on and Off.  

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

arkaroola wrote:

In Hub...

Action Menu > Settings > Hub Management

Scroll to the bottom and turn off 'Calls'

Then if you want to see your phone calls, just open the tab menu and select calls.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

the_look wrote:

4. Airplane mode on status bar!

I could use it.

There's a third party app "Settings Shortcut on Homescreen" in BlackBerry World which will place shortcuts to many of your settings options as an icon on the home screen. I do NOT know if Airplane Mode is one of those.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
arkaroola

cas118 wrote:

arkaroola wrote:

In Hub...

Action Menu > Settings > Hub Management

Scroll to the bottom and turn off 'Calls'

Then if you want to see your phone calls, just open the tab menu and select calls.

Dang,  I hate it when I miss RTFM stuff.  Thanks !   I went looking for that several times,  I guess I never scrolled to the bottom of the list.  Now I won't be doing accidental dialing when I pickup my phone. 

Contributor
JVanB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm having trouble putting a follow-up date on an E-mail.  I can't get the E-mail connected to a Remember event either.  Could a follow-up for E-mails be added via the flag facility like it was on my BB 9700.  Also, having just one flag colour (red) isn't enough either -- again, my BB 9700 had multiple flag colours.