Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jfp67
My Device: Z10

Filed emails still showing in the HUB

Since the latest update 10.0.10.85 Filed emails on an Exchange Activesync remain showing in the HUB even though the setting is turned to "OFF". If I set the HUB to just show the particular email the filed emails disappear. Is there a different setting that needs to be changed for the HUB?

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Filed emails still showing in the HUB

Hey jfp67,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This functionality is by design in BlackBerry 10 OS.  Once the filed messages have been read they will disappear from the BlackBerry Hub if show filed messages is set to off.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
jfp67

Thanks for your response. I realize that is what should happen but my point was that it isn't happening.

With the "Show Filed Messages" set to "OFF" in  "Blackberry Hub Settings - Display and Actions" filed emails are still showing in the HUB.

If I filter my HUB to just show the particular email service that I just filed an email with then the filed emails do NOT show.

The problem is that filed emails are showing but only when in the full "HUB" view. This only started after the latest update.

Contributor
jfp67

Just to further clarify, this is happening with an email account that is using ActiveSync to an Exhange 2010 mail server.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

@jfp67 -

If the filed messages are marked as "Unread" they will stay visible in the hub, if they are marked "Read" they should disappear from the hub.

VFerret's acknowledgment that this is by design is the first that I have heard confirmation that it isn't a bug, but there have been a few other posts on it working this way. :smileyhappy:

I'd love to see it be an option, I personally would love filed unread messages to be NOT visible in the hub, especially when I file them to a folder called "For follow up on Desktop" :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
jfp67

Thanks for your effort but I don't believe you are understanding what I am saying.

You say " if they are marked "Read" they should disappear from the hub." Yes I know that they should disapear but they are not. This wasn't happening before the latest update (10.0.10.85). Did you test this or maybe this is just happening on my Z10?

This is very simple, within the HUB settings there are two separate options, one to Show Filed Messages and one to Show Sent Messages. I have them both set to OFF.

Sent messages DON'T show in the Full HUB View, but Filed messages DO show up.

In the Full HUB view (unfiltered) if the Filed message is Unread it will have an envelope icon beside it that is Yellow outlined (no fill). If the Filed message is read the envelope icon will be grey outlined (no fill).  

If I filter my HUB to just show the Exchange 2010 activesync account that I used to file the messages they no longer show up.

So to summarize

In Full HUB view:

Filed messages DO show up (read or unread) but Sent messages DON'T show up.

In Filtered HUB view (picking an individual email account):

Filed and Sent messages  DON'T show up.

Sorry, if this is by design then it isn't well thought out.

I don't believe it is by design, it is a flaw in the programming.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

I am only using IMAP, but it is working "properly" according to what I wrote previously.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
derekpapworth
My Device: 9700

Hi there,

I'm getting exactly the same issue since updating my Z10 to 10.0.10.90 (10.0.10.690) whereby filed messages are still showing in the hub even when they're read when the setting is set to hide them. Sent messages are correctly hidden with that setting set.

Seems like a bug introduced in latest version(s).

Best regards,

Derek

New Contributor
JuBe

Having the exact same problem as the OP but I'm using IMAP with 3 email accounts and it's only happening with 2 of them. I have no idea why one account works and the others don't. They all worked fine until yesterday. I updated to 10.0.10.85/10.0.10.672 one week ago.
Regular Contributor
derekpapworth
My Device: 9700

Hi again,

Any feedback from BlackBerry guys as to whether this is actually an issue with latest o/s release and if fix is on the way?

Best regards,

Derek