Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: General Fixes - What should be updated to make it a complete phone

My list of fixes needed

- Ability to have individual custom "signatures' for each email account

- Unique notifications for each item in the hub

- An option like iOS email for marking certian email addresses as VIP with its own notification

- When charging the battery and left to hibernate, a icon showing the charge percentage when woken up (iOS feature)

- Default "Picture" App needs ability to change to other storage areas such as the microSD

- Contact list should not show numbers other than mobile/custom as a texting option ... or ability to select which numbers.

- Ability to have individual ringtones/chimes/sound for each contact for calling and texting

- Ability to have individual vibration patterns/styles for each contact when on silent ... current are way too similar.

- BB10 OS built in LED color and patern options for custom identification by user .... calls/text/rmails/etc ... ex: flashing reb/blue/red could be set for VIP email address

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

krazy_canuck wrote:

My list of fixes needed

- Ability to have individual custom "signatures' for each email account

- Unique notifications for each item in the hub

- An option like iOS email for marking certian email addresses as VIP with its own notification

- When charging the battery and left to hibernate, a icon showing the charge percentage when woken up (iOS feature)

- Default "Picture" App needs ability to change to other storage areas such as the microSD

- Contact list should not show numbers other than mobile/custom as a texting option ... or ability to select which numbers.

- Ability to have individual ringtones/chimes/sound for each contact for calling and texting

- Ability to have individual vibration patterns/styles for each contact when on silent ... current are way too similar.

- BB10 OS built in LED color and patern options for custom identification by user .... calls/text/rmails/etc ... ex: flashing reb/blue/red could be set for VIP email address

#1 is available and possible already: from the hub, click on the overflow menu icon, chose settings, chose email accounts, click on each email account and add your signature for it. :smileyhappy:

#2 aside from individual email accounts (right now) is also available. Go to the settings for Notifications and you can change each type of item's sound. The only exception right now is that all of your email accounts will have the same sound.

#4 there are some apps available to monitor the battery charging, and they are all free. :smileyhappy:

#7 You can setup ringtones and it looks like message sounds for each contact, simply chose the contact in the contacts app and click edit. The options are down lower. :smileyhappy:

Contact custom tones.

I think that the rest are all great feature suggestions... and I can't wait to see if they will be implemented! :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck

Okay thanks for your help on the individual signatures for emails ... You would think that they would have all the options NEATLY in the email account settings similar to other OS systems.

As for the others, I can set a ring tone BUT need to be able to set a separate sound for text/BBM from the individual as well ... I just find it really useful on my iOS device if I am in the middle of something else determining if I need to even look or not ... Same said for vibration style/patterns if in business meetings.

As for leaving a battery charging app running, I had one now ...  BUT this is something that NEEDS to be in the OS itself for better integration and efficiency ... iOS does this VERY nicely allowing me to at a glance see where the battery charge is without even unlocking the phone or having go to an app ...

The hard part having been an iOS user for so long, is that BB10 seems to have missed so many basic functions and setttings that should have been apart of the OS if they want to convert non BB people to them ... don't get me wrong, they have a great concept and idea, but very very badly executed for release ... beta testing this on people other than BB users or developers should have caught this stuff before Feb 5th release ...

If it wasn't for this being bought and expensed thru my business, I would have sent it back by now as having my iPhone is the only way I have been able to still function in some cases ...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

krazy_canuck wrote:

Okay thanks for your help on the individual signatures for emails ... You would think that they would have all the options NEATLY in the email account settings similar to other OS systems.

Don't forget to "Like" helpful posts. :smileywink:

As for the others, I can set a ring tone BUT need to be able to set a separate sound for text/BBM from the individual as well ... I just find it really useful on my iOS device if I am in the middle of something else determining if I need to even look or not ... Same said for vibration style/patterns if in business meetings.

There is a "Messages" tone available as well, I'd like to think that we'll see this filled out to cover all of the seperate tones for seperate message types on a per user basis as well.

As for leaving a battery charging app running, I had one now ...  BUT this is something that NEEDS to be in the OS itself for better integration and efficiency ... iOS does this VERY nicely allowing me to at a glance see where the battery charge is without even unlocking the phone or having go to an app ...

Absolutely, just trying to offer you a workaround for now. :smileyhappy:

The hard part having been an iOS user for so long, is that BB10 seems to have missed so many basic functions and setttings that should have been apart of the OS if they want to convert non BB people to them ... don't get me wrong, they have a great concept and idea, but very very badly executed for release ... beta testing this on people other than BB users or developers should have caught this stuff before Feb 5th release ...

You are using what amounts too a v1.0 version of the OS on the Z10, what version of iOS is the iPhone on? Obviously many features that people are used to haven't been implemented yet, even features from older Blackberrys.

I totally understand that in this day and age we expect to see all of those features already, but they simply haven't had time to add them all yet, I'm sure that they realise that they need to ipmlement them in short order. :smileyhappy:

I'm not exactly sure how any of those features not being there yet actually stop you from being able to complete your business transactions, as them mostly seem like "bells and whistles" to me, but I can understand how they would help to make things more efficient for you. :smileyhappy:

If it wasn't for this being bought and expensed thru my business, I would have sent it back by now as having my iPhone is the only way I have been able to still function in some cases ...

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck

What was missing is that I am already on my second Z10 ... first one froze up, pulling battery 5-6x day, battery barely held a charge, etc ....

My second Z10, the ringer has randomly just decided not to ring and requires a reboot to resolve ... random email notifications even though no emails ... 

It's just a case it can't be relied on or trusted 100% at the moment ...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Yes, the notification bug is a known issue, and a bad bug at that. No denying that. :smileyhappy:

I guess I don't use my phone much anymore, and when I'm in the home office it's bluetoothed to all of the handsets here so I heat it ring... I keep forgetting it is an issue.. but you're right. It's a door is! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.