Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mehta
My Device: BB Z10

HUB deleting email

Good day all

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.  Woke up this morning, woke the Z10 up from sleep mode went in to check email and the HUB froze next thing I know ALL my messages in ALL my email accounts in the HUB got deleted.

Went online looked in my email accounts and all email that were sent from when I got the handset and set up the accounts have been deleted.

What is going on,

1) is there a way to get them back,?

2) is there a way to stop this happening in future.?

Im using IMAP on all accounts I have 1x outlook, 3x Gmail, 1x Sky Yahoo!.

Is there a work round?

Many thanks

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: HUB deleting email

Hey mehta,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

We would suggest contacting your wireless service provider and request they contact BlackBerry technical support on your behalf for further investigation into this and to gather logs.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mehta

Hi HB

Well contacted EE, and frankly they said they were not able to forward my issue to BlackBerry as BB10 is not managed by them like BIS was / is on legacy handsets.

I understand this is a known issue to BB, is there a fix on the update OS when it roles out?

I wish I had know this was an issue as I may have thought twice about upgrading to BB10, I am now left with NO emails from when I first set up the handset (15March) as ALL have been deleted from ALL my email accounts on desk top sent and recieved.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hint, EE lied to you.

Call them back and let them know that you know otherwise. EE is just being stupid.

Whether it is on the BIS network or not doesn't matter. You pay EE for your monthly service.

Ask them to ESCALATE the issue to BlackBerry Tech support. Get an incident number.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mehta

Thanks for the hint, will call them again. In fairness I did get put thru to their level 2, who made his own enquiry and that's what he came back with. Z10 not on bis so no support

And they called me back a few times.

Would like to know from BlackBerry if there is an issue (clearly there is) and what is being done about it.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

call again, and demand to be forwarded to RIM support. You pay for that every month. Demand it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
sydney19
My Device: Q10

This feature of BB10 is very bad and unless it changes I think that a lot of people are going to move away from BB.

I dont read all my mail on my phone and when I get to the office I want to read them there.

The 9800 was a better operating system than this.

COME ON BB. WE NEED THIS>

Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

I and others have experienced the same issue: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/OMG-My-Q10-has-just-deleted-...

I am on Verizon, was able to bully my way up to 2nd tier support pretty quickly and then got someone from Blackberry who walked me through getting the logs.

The logs revealed nothing useful.

The BB tech said he had not heard of the issue before, (could be standard procedure to deny)

waiting like an **bleep**, unable to trust my blackberry and missing a month of emails from 5 accounts.

keep us all posted and good luck!

Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Sydney19-- More of a detrimental bug than a feature.

New Contributor
punitmehta
My Device: Not Specified

Hi guys

Ok, not sure what's happened since April 23rd. 30 days have come and gone and NO reset of my hub.

Now I don't know if it's a result of 10.1 installation or as I have reinstalled the software due upgrade that it seems to have been stable and no deletion of emails from the hub.

I wake up every day thinking it's gona happen, fingers crossed it's sorted.

Maybe a bug and now cleared or 10.1 has fixed the problem.