Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 02

Hiding email accounts from hub?

On my old blackberry I had many different email accounts set up and I was able to hide the files from view but still see the emails in my general messages file. Is there a way of completely hiding an email account from my hub view but still get the messages in the general hub inbox? Please can someone help?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Hiding email accounts from hub?

From my experience, I think that it is the other way around from what you desire. You can suppress the items sourced from any integrated account from displaying within the actual Hub Messages List, but you cannot suppress any integrated account selectors from displaying in the left-side-pull Hub selection list...nor can you sort/group that list (which is something I'd like!!). Yes, the prior ability to "hide" (or move away) an icon on the BB homescreen allowed for what you desire, but that does not today exist in the Hub controls...I too wish that it did.

The way it works, I initially didn't like at all. But, like all things, we humans are very adaptable -- at some point, we simply get used to how it works and our frustration levels diminish. My method is that I actually do not want all accounts showing in the Hub as it simply would become too cluttered and I'd not quickly enough be able to tell which messages are from which email account (I've got 11 email accounts, plus Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, etc.)...and which account it comes from is, in my situation, important as to priority. I've gotten used to the quick left-pull to see if there are any new messages in the accounts that are not showing in the Hub messages list. So far, it's working for me.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850 - PlayBook
My Carrier: USCellular

Re: Hiding email accounts from hub?

I would also like for one of my accounts be not visible in the hub. They need to add the option. And it doesn't matter why I don't want anyone seeing that account that might be using my phone.