Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
bgge7
My Device: Z10

How to Autodial Conference Call Passcode

I have been trying to figure out on my BlackBerry Z10 how to get my different conference call numbers to automatically enter the conference code passcode after the conference system answers.

For example, I enter this number into my Contacts:

555-555-1234x12345#

or

555-555-1234pppp12345#

So the BlackBerry dials 555-555-1234.  The conference line system answers and prompts for entering the passcode.  Instead of the BlackBerry Z10 automatically entering after the extension or pauses, it waits for you to press the DIAL button on the phone's screen to enter the code.  On my former BlackBerry Storm 2, it would automatically enter the passcode without any interaction from the user.  This is very handy, especially when doing a dial while driving.

How can we get the BlackBerry Z10 to autodial the passcode without pressing the DIAL button?

Thank you.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to Autodial Conference Call Passcode

I need to test this, a pause symbol normally pauses for two seconds and a wait symbol waits for user interaction, so you have the correct information, in entering the dial information are you actually entering the "pause" on the keyboard?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bgge7

Yes, I have tried pauses (p), waits (w), and extension (x) between the phone number and code with pound (#) sign.

Actually, when I upgraded from my BlackBerry Storm 2 to the Z10, all the same conference numbers (with codes) transferred over to the Z10 as they were on the Storm 2.  Those worked on the Storm 2.  That is why I am wondering if there is some setting, pattern, or code that I am missing on the Z10 to get it to work.

Thank you for your assistance with this!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

But... have you manually entered a new number, or edited one of the existing numbers with the pause from the keypad?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bgge7

Yes, I have edited existing entries and added new entries, using the P and W keys on the Z10 keypad.  Same issue.  I just tried again to make sure.  It dials the phone number, then it shows the code and # sign after it at the top of the audio buttons, like such:

Dial Extension 1234#

I then have to press the green DIAL button, at the bottom, to get it to enter 1234#.

It should have just paused, then dialed it automatically when I have this:

555-555-1234pppp1234#

or this

555-555-1234x1234#

Same outcome for both.

Thanks again.