Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to sync Z10 contacts/calendar in outlook.com with an email/account address that is NOT @outlook.com??

Got my new Blackberry Z10 smartphone and upgraded by PC to Outlook 2013/Office 365. I set up Sky Drive and moved my POP3 e-mail account/address, which I have had for many years, to Outlook.com. To be clear, my e-mail address does NOT end in outlook.com but rather is hosted (I'm not sure that is the right term) by Outlook.com. When I went to set up my e-mail account on my Z10 phone, I could not use the automatic settings for a Outlook.com (aka Hotmail.com) account since my email address does not end in outlook.com and I wanted to keep my old e-mail address. So I set it up my email account on my phone by inputting manual settings.  My emails all are fine in Oulook on my PC, on my Z10 phone, and at outlook.com.  My calendar and contacts, however, are not syncing between my phone and outlook on my PC/outlook.com, which I think is supposed to happen wirelessly. 

Am I correct that I and unable to sync my Z10 phone's calendar and contacts with Outlook.com because my e-mail address does not end in outlook.com? It seems to me that the Z10 option for setting up an e-mail/contacts/calendar account does not work if the user has moved an existing account to Outlook.com but retained an email address with a different domain name (not @outlook.com).

Is there a workaround for this problem?  I can't be the only one out there who has moved my preexisting email account to oultook.com but retained my existing email address domain name rather than starting over with an new account that bears an @outlook.com address.  I really do not want to abandon my long-time email address/domain name. 

If you respond, "Thank You."  When you respond please consider the following: I am not very familiar with any of this. I do not understand how Active Sync is supposed to help me in my situation.  Am I unable to sync my contacts and calendar with Outlook.com or SkyDrive or Office 365 because of my POP account that lacks the @outlook.com domain?  And what is the significance of IMAP in my situation?  So, if you are going to tell me what to do, please take an extra moment to walk me through it as well.  I am not as smart as are you.  Thanks.

I appreciate the help of fellow users. I can search on the Internet all day to find out how to set up a Z10 e-mail account with Outlook.com but Blackberry fails to understand that not every account at outlook.com bears an e-mail address ending with the domain @outlook.com.  It seems like Blackberry presumes that there is only one way of doing things and that all of the situations of all of the users never stray from the cookie-cutter approach taken by Blackberry. 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to sync Z10 contacts/calendar in outlook.com with an email/account address that is NOT @outlook.com??

Hello,

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the specific intricacy of your situation (a hosted domain at Outlook.com), and so do not know if indeed that is causal to your issues. But perhaps a workaround will be useful? For example, if you indeed use your hosted domain for your email, but create a true Outlook.com account for the use of only Calendar and Contact synchronization, then that might work?

You can find complete instructions here:

For your email account, you simply use the domain they are hosting, and for Contacts/Calendar, the true Outlook.com account that you create for that purpose.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

Re: How to sync Z10 contacts/calendar in outlook.com with an email/account address that is NOT @outlook.com??

I think also that CompanionLink offer a software solution at http://www.companionlink.com/products/bb10-outlook.html

I am not sure if it works only with @outlook.com email addresses, or with other domains hosted through outlook.com

I've emailed their support group with that question but have not received an answer to date.

Johnny 1

New Contributor

CompanionLink 5 for Windows Live/Outlook.com WILL synch your PC-based Outlook calendar and contacts with your outlook.com calendar and contacts, I think, but the BB Z10 does not sync wirelessly as far as I can tell because there is not a way to set up the email/calendar/contact feature for an outlook email box that ends in a domain other than @outlook.com.

The promotional literature suggests that CompanionLink will also sync Outlooks Notes into the phone's Remember files and outlook.com Notes files as well but I do not see any settings to get this done on the downloaded software.