Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Hub Management

I didn't quite say that...please be explicit. What I said is that those settings will suppress new items from accounts from appearing in the HUB Messages list. But the account icon will continue to appear in the Hub "peek" menu for as long as the account is integrated to the BB.

So, please be explicit, as I can't tell which of those you are referring to (Hub Messages List versus Hub Peek Menu) when you simply say "hub".

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Sorry about that. The hub list. I've included a pic to show what I'm talking about.bb_z10_hub_inboxes.jpg

Hall of Famer II

That is the Hub Peek Menu that I've mentioned...consequently, it is WAD (Working As Designed) for you.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

When I first got my phone I could pick what I wanted to see. After the os update I can't anymore. Is there a way to correct it?

Hall of Famer II

No...there is nothing to "correct"...it is WAD -- Working As Designed.

I've no idea why you were able to previously change it...for I never have had that ability, and have had my Z10 since the launch at the end of January, and have been through several OS levels, but never had that ability.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

If you go into settings from text messages for example, then pick hub management you can choose which ones to turn on or off.

Hall of Famer II

Yes...that controls what specific items (messages) are pushed into the Hub Messages List. But every integrated account will forever display in the Hub Peek Menu (the one you gave a screen shot of) for as long as the account remains integrated to the BB. Those controls you describe are the controls over the Hub Messages List display...not the Hub Peek Menu (for, after all, there simply are no controls for the Hub Peek Menu beyond having an account integrated to the BB or not).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

**bleep**. Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Try this risk free move:

1. Pull Down screen

2. GoTo System Settings

3. Choose Accounts

4.Choose Applications other than E-Mail

5. Point - open the item

6. Delete the item

7. Return to Hub and check if the Item appears

8. Then reload!

Hall of Famer II

wakanda wrote:

Try this risk free move:

1. Pull Down screen

2. GoTo System Settings

3. Choose Accounts

4.Choose Applications other than E-Mail

5. Point - open the item

6. Delete the item

7. Return to Hub and check if the Item appears

8. Then reload!

Ummm...thanks for the assist...not quite "risk free" given the desire of the poster. I'm also quite sure that method has already been discussed many times above (not as detailed steps as you gave, but the idea of it nonetheless). I think that the poster was hoping for a way to keep an account integrated into their device, yet control it's appearance in the Hub Peek Menu...which cannot be done. I, myself, support that desire...and more -- I'd like the ability to control the order of that list (e.g., sorting...though I'd like manual override), and even have grouping capabilities for it. But, alas, such does not exist (today).

Cheers and thanks again!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates