Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Dialog

Interrupted Security Wipe

Hi  HELP !!

I executed a security wipe on the Z10 as the phone was to be given to another user for testing as it was unstable. The system got stuck, After several hours of waiting I took the battery out and attempted to re start the phone. I now get a  symbol of the phone connected to a PC via USB.

Having read the blogs I realize that taking the battery out was a mistake.....!

I tried many times to update the devise software via the PC. I get to the point that it starts downloading the software and the green LED comes on , Then I get a message that there is a Fatal error and to try again.

Having used Blackberry products for many years this is very disappointing,

Having taken so much effort to restore the phone it still remains " Bricked"!! 

I am now in Sri Lanka and a long way from Canada where I purchased the phone.

Can you please help me

Anil Gunawardana

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z 10
My Carrier: 21657896413

Re: Interrupted Security Wipe

Hello you can follow this steps:

Open BlackBerry Link.
    Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window, click the Computer tab.
    Select Settings.
    Under Reload Device Software. , select Reload.
    Follow the on-screen instructions.

Shutdown BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software) if installed.
    Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
    Using Internet Explorer navigate to http://www.BlackBerry.com/updates, scroll down the page and select the  Check for Updates button.
    Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
    Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the BlackBerry smartphone turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on. A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up as red ( USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) – might be displayed, both are normal/fine).
    Click the OK button within 15 seconds to continue.

Note: Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates.

The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green. Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered.

Any question let me know please.!!

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Ufone

I also have the same issue but there is no sign coming on the screen indicating of an error or to connect the phone via USB to the PC. I took my phone to the mobile repair shop and they said that one file is giving an error while installation
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Ufone

I also have the same issue but there is no sign coming on the screen indicating of an error or to connect the phone via USB to the PC. I took my phone to the mobile repair shop and they said that one file is giving an error while installation

Please suggest some way out