Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mjm027
My Device: z10

Latest microsoft outlook for PC

My e mail’s that I send out from my lap top through Microsoft outlook are showing up in my blackberry hub e mail portion when hooked up to a wireless network. So there is a wireless synch regarding my Z10 and my lap top (E mails only). However when I go in to the following:

Set Up

- Accounts
- when I click on my e mail that is set up the following I noticed.

- - When I click on advance I notice that in the spot where it says Synch Interval it is in a grey “manual” I cannot change it.

- - I was told today by a rogers tech person who called me back and said that Microsoft Outlook Calendar events cannot be two way synched with the Z10 only prior blackberry phones.

Under Set Up still in “Add Account” I clicked on “Advanced” under Advanced Setup

It gave me a list of “Work Account, Microsoft Exchange Active Synch, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, IMAP, POP, CALDAV, CardDAV”

- Are these accounts that are set up to wireless two way synch all calendar events and task?

- I noticed that Microsoft Outlook is not one of them.

I was on the Blackberry help site today and it also said Microsoft Outlook manual two way synch will be coming soon, any ideas on this.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Latest microsoft outlook for PC

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off...some terminology. "Microsoft Outlook" might indicate several different things:

• The PC/Mac installed Outlook client
  • Outlook.com
  • Outlook Web Access

I cannot tell quite for sure which you are referring to in the items in your post, but here's what I think.

There is presently, never has been, and never will be any wireless synchronization between the Outook PC/MAC client and any BB. Rather, they each must use some server interface to be the intermediary between them. But, you can configure true end-to-end sync between an Outlook client and a BB10 device (using Outlook.com as that intermediary). Refer to this thread for instructions:

mjm027 wrote:

- - When I click on advance I notice that in the spot where it says Synch Interval it is in a grey “manual” I cannot change it.

Depending on the type of account that is it, this could be normal. Further, if you have the "PUSH" setting ON, then this one is grayed out...the settings are mutually exclusive (if your are using PUSH, then there's no need for any sync interval).

mjm027 wrote:

- - I was told today by a rogers tech person who called me back and said that Microsoft Outlook Calendar events cannot be two way synched with the Z10 only prior blackberry phones.

Wrong...see the link I provided above.

mjm027 wrote:

It gave me a list of “Work Account, Microsoft Exchange Active Synch, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, IMAP, POP, CALDAV, CardDAV”

- Are these accounts that are set up to wireless two way synch all calendar events and task?

- I noticed that Microsoft Outlook is not one of them.

Again, if you mean Outlook.com, that is Hotmail -- they are the same thing. But, if you indeed use Outlook.com as the intermediary, there is no need on the device to use the Advanced settings...the Wizard will properly configure Outlook.com (as per the above linked instructions).

mjm027 wrote:

I was on the Blackberry help site today and it also said Microsoft Outlook manual two way synch will be coming soon, any ideas on this.

Nothing beyond what the official announcements say.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjm027

I am using Microsoft Office Outlook. Thanks for info. If any other ideas would be great.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...then you are talking strictly about the PC or MAC Outlook client. As such, all ideas, information, and recommendations are already posted above...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjm027

Thanks
Please use plain text.