Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Microsoft Exchange Subfolders and Synchronization

Hello. I have been "suffering" with my BB9900 for the past year with 3rd party software because after switching to BB from an iPhone with ActiveSync i found out after that my 9900 was not capable of synchronizing subfolders from my Outlook.

Meaning: if I had an email on my BB and I dragged it into a folder called "other" it would also move on Outlook. But: if you have a message on Outlook (on my desktop) and I dragged it into a folder called "other" it wouldn't mirror this on my BB. I did a lot of research on this and the only workaround was going with a 3rd party software that used Activesync over my internet connection and bypassing BES. This made my phone extremely slow and would lock up at times if the 3rd party software decided it was going to "verify" its database...

With the Z10, can anyone out there confirm that BB's new Activesync works as advertised and truly mirrors the server on Exchange? I want to confirm this before purchasing the Z.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Microsoft Exchange Subfolders and Synchronization

Hey wongga,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

If your email account is setup with ActiveSync through Microsoft Exchange then yes all the subfolders can be configured to be synchronized to the BlackBerry Z10.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Just to reiterate then: ALL subfolders will be synchronized, going in BOTH directions? Meaning, move an email on the Z10, and if I go to my desktop Outlook, I'll see that email in the destination folder? And on my Outlook, when I move a bunch of emails into their respective folders, I should be able to look at my Z10 and it will have an exact mirror image?

G.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the reply Wongga.

Yes all subfolders will be synchronized in both directions.  You have the option to add/remove synchronization of folders in the Email Account settings on the BlackBerry Z10.

If you move email messages to different folders it will show in Microsoft Outlook and vice versa.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 Denmark

Do you have some documenation on how the option to add/remove synchronization of folders is setup?
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360 / Z10
My Carrier: Orange Romania

And get notification also for the subfolders? And only with ActiveSync? No need for BES? Thank you!
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

yes only for ActiveSync. I know because I have a GMail account (free, not GoogleApp mail) configured with ActiveSync, and I have what you say.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

any news to this topic?

We struggle with the same problem:

BB10 with active sync but without working sync to subfolders.

Cheers,

Oliver

Power is how fast you hit the Wall.
Torque is how far you take the Wall with you.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360 / Z10
My Carrier: Orange Romania

Yes, it's 101% working Smiley Happy I have a Z10 for about a month now, and subfolders notification it's OK - with Exchange 2010 and no BIS/BES plan
New Contributor

Yes, I can confirm it works as well. After receiving the advice above I went ahead and bought the Q10. Synchronization on my subfolders works perfectly through ActiveSync.