Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
FlashGordon57
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Moving Contacts from MacBook to Z10

[ Edited ]

Hello:

I am very excited about my new Z10

The main issue that has perhaps unnecessarily taken up too much of my time is getting my contacts to transfer from my Macbook to my Z10. I have saved them as a Vcard group as well as a .csv Excel file on my Mac’s desktop. I have also signed into my Gmail account on my Blackberry and so far, although I see my gmail account in the account section, I am only able to have my Linkedin contacts show up in my contact app.

I have spent a while reading forumsn user guides etc and have had no luck. Would anyone have any solution?

Cheers

Gord

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
streetcharm
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Moving Contacts from MacBook to Z10

Seems like you are missing a step. You have your contacts saved as a vcard on your mac and then signed into your gmail on your Z10? Perhaps you may want to sign into gmail on your mac and import those contacts sitting on your desktop first.  That way when you sign in on the Z10 it should already have those contacts there.

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Moving Contacts from MacBook to Z10

Are your contacts in "Contacts"? Have you tried iCloud? I just did because my gmail calendar isn't working. The contacts synced over nicely. The calendar did not, unfortunately.

When I first got the phone, I used Gmail to do that. I specifically added a link in Contacts to my Gmail account. Then I was able to select all of the contacts and drag & drop on the "All Google" group.

One issue is that if any already exist in Google, then the info won't be overwritten or even added to. I had to manually go through those conflicts and copy the info in (using the Contacts app).

If you don't really need all that info in Gmail, I'd try iCloud first, personally. Just add a new account using the default option with your @me.com or @icloud.com address (not your Apple ID address if it's some other email address).

Please use plain text.