Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: z10

Multi Questions

When will dual syncing become available?

Is BB Video Chat compatible with any other social video chat?  Such as skype or Google hangout?

Is AmazonMP3 download app no longer available for z10.

Will they bring back the awesome customization for numeric setting for ringtones and vibration?

Is Netfix in an app for the future?

Will they add an email icon instead of having to retrieve from the hub?  I like the option to look at everything individually.

Thanks for your help.

Val

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Multi Questions

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

vpulido wrote:

When will dual syncing become available?

If you mean bi-directional USB synchronization with a PC client (e.g., Outlook) for Calendar and Contacts, then only BB folks can say for sure, and as would be expected with any public company, they don't say anything more specific than "soon". But they have confirmed that they are working on it.

If you mean bi-directional OTA sync with an internet-based service for Calendar and Contacts, that already exists.

vpulido wrote:

Is BB Video Chat compatible with any other social video chat?  Such as skype or Google hangout?

No.

vpulido wrote:

Is AmazonMP3 download app no longer available for z10. 

I don't know...have you searched for it via AppWorld (I assume that's where you may have previously found it)?

I don't see the Z10 as one of the "Supported Devices". And, no one here can know if it's being worked on.

vpulido wrote:

Will they bring back the awesome customization for numeric setting for ringtones and vibration? 

Many are hoping so, but few can know for sure, and any who do cannot state so authoritatively.

vpulido wrote:

Is Netfix in an app for the future? 

The last time I recall reading what Netflix has said, they said no (and it's their decision to make). But I do believe there is success with side-loading the Droid app.

vpulido wrote:

Will they add an email icon instead of having to retrieve from the hub?  I like the option to look at everything individually. 

I doubt it...for this purpose, the Hub peek menu functions identically to the individual homescreen email account icons, so there's no real need that I can see to (redundantly) clutter up the homescreen with more icons. Further, as has been with BBs for a long time, you can control what shows in the main Hub messages list, suppressing out any individual accounts that you desire, and then using the Hub peek menu selections to look at those individual accounts.

Goodluck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code