Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Ananthraj
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Etisalat - UAE

Not able to connect to home WiFi, but able to connect in Office

I stay in UAE and recently migrated to Z10 from Blackberry torch whcih I was using it for the last 3 years. 

Strange enough, the WiFi doesn;t work at home. ( though my other Android phone it works), where as at my office, I am able to connect. When I contact the Internet Servce provider ( Etisalat), they say it is not their problem, since other phone instrument ( Android phone) and laptop works find with the WiFi connections.

But unfortunately, here I am yet to find someone expert on z10 phones yet in UAE, who can address my problems. I am stuck with this problem.

So far I was using Blackberry Torch, where I had no issues with the WiFi conection at all places.

Can anyone help me please.

Ananth Raj

itsananthraj@gmail.com

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Not able to connect to home WiFi, but able to connect in Office

Hey Ananthraj,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What type of error do you receive when you try to connect to the home network?  Also have you tried restarting your router and then trying to connect to the home network?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ananthraj

Thanks for the quick reply ViciousFerret.

The day I purchased this z10, I brought it home and was able to connect to my home Wifi and connected to my Blackberry ID and downloaded few of the application. That time I had not activated the Data service to my SIM card.

Later I downloaded the Blackberry link and transferred the data from my old Torch to Z10, and all the contact and other data ( even the old Wifi connections) got transferred. But soon after this, strangely I was not able to browse even my Laptop through home WiFi, and contacted the local service provider, who asked me to do the following,

1. Switch off the router - even then it didn't work.

2. They asked me to change the DNS server entry ( on phone, they gave the instruction to do it) - then it worked on my Laptop.

3. However on my Z10, Wifi stopped working after this data transfer. But was able to connect to WiFI and surf through my old Torch and other Android phone. Only with Z10, was not able to connect.

4. Next day, went to office and without doing anything, Z10 was working fine with the Wifi. Absolutely no problem. The internet service provider are the same.

5. When contacted the service provider and explained this problem, they said it is not the problem of internet setting, since it is working fine wiht the laptop and other mobile phone.

Now when I connect to home Wifi, it says connected. But not able to browse, access Facebook or any other online service ( if I keep my Data service off on the SIM). Only when I switch off Wifi and switch on the Data Service, I am able to connect.

Please help me.

Ananth Raj

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey Ananthraj,

Thanks for the reply.

Data services must be kept on to be able to browse on Wi-Fi or Mobile Network.  If this is turned off at anytime then you will not be able to browse.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ananthraj

Thanks once again ViciousFerret.

I am happy to inform you that, it worked for me yesterday. I just turned off my home WiFi box, and turned on after some time. When I re-started my Z10 got connected to the WiFI. ANd let me tell you, even keeping the Data Service off, I could browse, download Apps etc.

I am happy for this now.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Best Luck.

Ananth Raj

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kzikry1234
My Device: Z10-stl100-1
My Carrier: vodafone

how to change DNS bcs i have same problem wifii work at home & not at work

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ananthraj

I was guided by the service providers to change the DNS. May be in your case, it is quite possible that, your office admn might have changed some settings. Please check.

Please use plain text.