Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Not receiving emails...none from 5p last night til 7am today

Thought it was just a quiet night but came into the office this AM to find 87 emails waiting on my responses. This happened once before but was told to simply reboot. 

I also notice regularly that not all emails to any of my 4 addresses don't come thru. They are sitting on my desktop when I finally make it into the office but nothing on my unit.

Also emails seem to disappear over night, without me deleting them. 

ALL my accts are set to auto delete in 30days but they are dropping off like flies on their own randomly. 

Pls help, its getting really frustrating when wishing to reference an email from last week but see that its disappeared. 

thx Carole

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Not receiving emails...none from 5p last night til 7am today

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A guess here...is your desktop PC, at the office, running all night? Further, is your email client running on it as well. Further still, is it configured also with POP for your email? Further again still, is it removing items from the server when it retrieves items?

If so, then this is WAD (Working As Designed)...the Z10 uses ActiveSync, and is intended to (within the max 30 day window) be a "mirror" of your server. So, if your PC client is running all night and removing things from the server, then your Z10 is dutifully replicating that to itself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.