Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
cordova94
My Device: Z10 + 9780 (work)

Notifications won't reset

I got a Blackberry Z10 on Thursday and it is fantastic! This morning when I woke up, there was a notification that I had 15 emails......there were only 5 in the HUB and all day there has remained a notification of 10 emails which I cannot seem to get rid of. I have reconciled my Gmail, restarted my device and looked through the history but that envelope with a 10 below it just won't go away......can anyone help me or tell me what on earth is going on?

Also, when I delete mail from my blackberry, they do not delete from Gmail and there doesn't seem to be a setting which allows me to delete from both the device and the server. From what I see, most people seem to have the opposite problem! Any insight on that?

Thanks! 

Stephanie

Contributor
scopewizard
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Notifications won't reset

Strange,

When I delete an email from gmail it does not deleted it on the gmail account just the phone. Try turning Display Message Count off then refresh and turn back on. To do thid select Hub, select 3 dot on bottom right then select settings follow by Display and actions.

Denis

New Contributor
cordova94

Hahahaha now the count is 119.....what on earth?

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Do you have unread emails showing in other folders in gmail?
New Contributor
cordova94

No, but I have solved both problems. 

I am not sure what happened, but when the email account was configured through the initial setup path, it didn't configure properly. It only maintained a connection to the incoming server and obviously some other things. When I deleted the account, restarted my device and then re-activated it through the "Email accounts" feature in the HUB, the extraneous notifications went away and have not returned. Also, the connection to my Gmail is firm and when I delete from my device, it also deletes from the Gmail server. That I like, unless it is my work email, then I want "device only" deletions. 

Thanks for the help though, guys!!! Appreciated!

Steph

Contributor
sandrosem
My Device: Z10

Hello,

I have a similar problem but with missed called. Today I received a call which I was not able to pick up so I saw the phone symbol on the locked screen with 1 underneath it. Then I went in the hub menu and saw 1 under Hub and 1 also under calls and so far so good.Then I tapped on calls and got a list of all calls made, received and missed. The call which I was not able to answer was in bold so I tapped on it thinking that by doing so the bold would disappear and also all the notifications in the locked screen and under the Hub menu but instead the phone made the call directly and the notifications did not disappear. I finally managed to get rid of the notifications by tapping and hold the missed call (still in bold by the way) and then click on the bin symbol. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Anyone can help?