Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
arye
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

Has anyone got any ideas on this,

My Q10 1 month old has just out of the blue after being recharged has 0 emails and 0 text messages. So a full month has just disappeared. All my emails are on my outlook so it is not like someone died, but I had loads of text messages with important info on that are not replaceable. 

I have seen on another forum that this has happened to people with a Z10.

Does anyone have any ideas how this happened?

Any help would be apprec

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

Hello arye

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your issues. 

Are your emails being downloaded off your mail server and being stored on your local computer in Outlook? If this is the case then this would explain why your email messages are now showing 0 on your device. The device will sync with the server and if it sees no email it will delete the email from the device. As far as the text message I am really not sure why this would have happened. I would suggest you contact your mobile network provider and ask that this issue be escalated to BlackBerry technical support.

Hope this helps. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arye

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time top reply. 

I know how emails work and all my emails are kept on my servers. So there are always my emails stroed on my server regardless which device 

The balackberry Q10 has deleted the emails from my server and the phone. The text messages went along with it.

I have a feeling this is a major glitch with the software and the BB10 software is not yet reliable. 

I have seen the same issue with the Z10 on the Blackberyy blog site. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

I lost all emails on my BB Z10 at appx 11am EST today.

Still have text messages though.

opened a case with blackberry.

gmail emails are found in 'all email' but other emails are, at the moment, completely lost.

inexcusable.

More than an explanation we need a fix. How can we possibly trust a device that does this??

Outside of that we need to be compensated for lost wages, time, expense, personal data.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arye

Where do you open a case?

I have had the most misreable day trying to work out who emailed me yesterday, and trying to work out the info on my text messages, 

The loss happened when battery died and then after recharging partly, they were gone. 

It is really shocking and I am feeling a bit betrayed by my beloved!

Any other ideas please. 

Thanks and good luck. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

Ugh. I called my provider, immediately requested the next level of support, proved to the next level I know more about troubleshooting than the did then they contacted blackberry. From there BlackBerry will give you a case # & a phone #. Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dearsina
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

Z10 here, same thing happened to me a couple of days ago, seems to have lost one month of all emails, call logs and text messages. Basically, it seems like the hub reset itself, and deleted everything in it. A little bit of a disaster, as Gmail does not keep a copy of emails deleted from my BlackBerry. Not sure if there is a solution to this issue, as the emails are gone forever.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arye

Hi,

I have now replaced my phone for a new Q10, (After this happened a 2nd time!!)

Please God it will not happen again. 

After sending back my phone someone asked me if I checked the "bin" box, I never knew there was a bin box so no, didn't check. Have you looked, I presume that was also empty? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBUSER99999
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello - did you (or anyone else) find a solution to this issue.  It has now happened to me three times and I have only had my phone for 3 weeks.  Frustrating is an understatement.  Anything work for anyone out there?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dearsina
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

This certainly isn't a solution, but I did discover that all my Gmail emails are still on Google's servers, and retrivable by clicking on the "All Mail" label on the left side of the Gmail interface. I didn't have that kind of luck with my Yahoo! emails.

Does BlackBerry have some sort of ticketing system where we can raise this as a bug? It's another PR disaster waiting to happen. Email is something BlackBerry needs to get right, all the time.

Please use plain text.