Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
justbstill
My Device: Q10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

I spoke to a level 2 rep yesterday whom I asked to send me a confirm email about our call. He hasn't sent me an email which is disconcerting. He siad he will call me today with an update. I will let you all know. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

arhh22 wrote:

When I call Rogers to report it they told me to wipe my phone and start again.  They then told me that I can't call blackberry to report a problem unless I pay them for support.  NIce customer service.

arhh22, Rogers is flat out lying to you. You PAY Rogers for your monthy service, and that contract for service includes technical support and within that, any issue which they cannot resolve, they will escalate up to BlackBerry tier two technical support. They may not want to do that, but it is what they are supposed to do, and it may take you getting a supervisor on the line to demand or force the escalation.

You are paying Rogers for this service.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arhh22

to be fair, he told me to do a security wipe on my phone and if the problem reoccured to call them and they would escalate to BB.  When i told him happening once is a sign there is a problem and I want to report it to BB now and asked him if there was a number, thats when he said there is no way to complain straight to BB with being on a paid service plan or something like that.

Rather than waste my time on the phone with Rogers, i decided to turn to this forum where I found my kindred spirits with missing emails.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arhh22

And if any BB techs are reading this, tell us who to call when it happens again - i would be happy to quarantine my phone and swap it with you for a new one so you can do whatever testing you want. I'm sure others would do the same.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
justbstill

I'm returning my phone and going back to my bold until I can decide which phone to get nxt. I was told by a tier 2 tech yesterday that he would 1. Send me an email 2,. Call me today with an update. Neither happened. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jg12345

This has now happened to me too on the O2 network in the uk. I don't see how this can happen and like most of you I am more interested in my call log and texts than anything else. If the police or a private detective can get records of who we called/texted, when, what they said etc, then why can't we or why can't bb? Surely there's a way? I agree that bb should be compensating anyone who has had these problems and or rectifying the problems. Like some of you, I chose to stick with bb despite many problems they've had in the last few years, because I like a keyboard. However, it is probably worth the aggregation of typing on the screen of a Samsung or I phone not to have to deal with this type of thing on such a regular basis.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
justbstill

I deactivated the Q10 and reactivated my old BB Bold. I don't understand why there are only a few of us having us this problem, and yet there are probably millions of the new BB on the market. What do you think? I think there should be more ppl I'm this forum.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cr1pps

In my view, this issue is hard to pinpoint, thus people don't realise it's happening.

I mean, what do you google for?
Blackberry deleting emails? That just gets you tutorials on how to delete emails etc :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arye

I really don't agree it is happneing to millions of people. 

If it was, it is impossible there would only be 20 people here complaining about, but still totally unacceptable and at present it is ruing our lives!

I really think there must be a reason or something that triggers it happening. 

I at present to not delete any notifications as I think this may trigger it. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cr1pps

Millions, no.

Hundreds, probably.

As said, it was hard enough to find this thread and I've had the issue twice, plus I like to think I can cut down my Google searches to ignore irrelevant stuff.
Please use plain text.