Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Jg12345
My Device: Q10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

it seems that no one at blackberry could actually care less about the irritation that their incompetence has caused all the people who have contributed to this forum. i havr to say that my provider in the uk have not been much better but have, at least, helped me switch back to my old bold - but that doesn't work that well either as it has freezing issues, the call waiting doesn't seem to work, the camera of course is lousy and so on. one would think that a company that is going down the toilet would try to keep all of us loyal users happy and perhaps take the time to reply to just one of us but no! i had to join twitter to post about my q10 problem as there doesn't seem to be a way of getting hold of blackberry but i didn't have the courtesy of a reply. i understand that blackberry are looking at going private again - personally i wouldn't bother. until they can make handsets that compete with apple or samsung there's very little point. whatever they do they need to learn about customer service and that hiding behind a wall of technology is not going to help their business. if anyone at blackberry is listening i'll be your ceo for $250,000 a year and i'll make your company work properly! if you want to call me you'll be able to, i'll have an i phone!!

Contributor
arye

Hi All,

I was the one who started this topic several months ago, it happened once, I got a new handset, it happened again and since then, around 2 months it has not happened. (hope I am not saying this too soon!)
As much as I don't want to believe it, I seriously think it is something I did to erase everything, if it is really a software problem, it would be happening to a lot more users, I have many friends who have Q10's and Z10's and none have experienced the problem.
So I still have my Q10, I do live in fear, but so far so good.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

arye- thank you for starting this thread forever ago. Glad you're still around but sorry you've experienced this 2 times.

I disagree with you thinking it's something you've done.

There are many slight variations on the software depending on carrier etc so it'd be difficult to have 2 devices identical to test...as well as the lack of any type of trigger from the end user.

There are too many people on this board, such as myself, that know they did absolutely nothing to prompt the removal of months of email permanently-  Don't blame yourself yet!

I still believe it's such a small percentage of people that have experienced it that Blackberry has no problem sweeping it under the rug instead of spending the money and facing the criticism of acknowledging the issue.

Apple had an outage this morning effecting "less than 1% of users" but they acknowledge it: http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

EXPLICITIVE happens.  Don't let them make you think you're at fault.

Contributor
arye

I hear what you are saying, but if you look back over this thread, you have people from all over the world on random carriers, as you can see it is not a problem with a specific carrier or specific version,
There is no pattern, rhyme or reason to it.
It is also illogical that the log is not showing anything unusual happening, that is why I am starting to believe it is something we are doing possibly before we switch off our phones and it happens when we restart. I am not taking the blame for this, whatever we do it should not happen so easily, but we need to try and work out what actions we were doing before this happened.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

agreed.

I believe it's a BB specific software/hardware issue but having all the carriers involved with the software gives places for more people to point fingers.

Agreed there's no rhyme or reason to it but--

I don't mean to keep using aapl as an example but: http://www.zdnet.com/apple-patent-could-remotely-disable-protesters-phone-cameras-7000003640/

If they can do that i'd imagine other features of your mobile can be remotely accessed or wiped.

My phone wasn't restarted when it happened to me. It was sitting on a desk, not plugged into anything, decent charge on the battery,  I was in a room with no one else, no one else had access to my Blackberry, no one was touching it, i had made no change to any of my email accounts and I'm the admin of the exchange accounts linked to the phone.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

misterblank wrote:

and I'm the admin of the exchange accounts linked to the phone.

Is that a clue?

Misterblack, have you called "Verison" regarding this issue on your device?

How many times or when was it that it happened to you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

JSanders-

?

?

and if you read back you'll see i've already answered that.

Trusted Contributor
misterblank

'Misterblack, have you called "Verison"'

it's misterblank.

are you trying to say "Verizon"?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Nope, I was just noting your stated mobile provider, which you have wisely corrected now.

:Clap:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
matthewyongkim
My Device: na

Lets stay on the topic and on the question that has been addressed.Thanks!