Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rwasko
My Device: Q10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

There is no way to change 30-days synch period. I'm affraid it may be not a bug (message removing), but "Work As Designed".

New Contributor
kknguyen614

Is there going to be a fix? This is ridiculous... How is bb going to keep business interested if their devices auto deletes emails. This is pretty serious....it just deleted a text thread for no reason..... Even before I could read the mag...
New Contributor
lionatwork
My Device: Q 10

[ Edited ]

What about the BIS/BES service? I've found out, that my provider has activated the BIS Service by mistake. Does anybody had a data loss without having BIS/BES? The Q10 doesn't need BIS/BES anymore, so perhaps this could something to do with the bug.

Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

lionatwork- The way it used to work, (in the USA), is Blackberry Internet Service, (BIS) was included with data, you had to pay additional for Blackberry Enterprise Service, (BES).

I've seen numerous times people being charged unnecesarily for BES but it was more of an "unintentional oversight" pocketing more $$ for the provider.

Like w/ an iphone data plan VZW offers a "business package" for like $10 more a month but NO ONE has ever been able to tell me what you get with that- it's not necessary for corporate email functionality.

seems like a very far fetched theory of erasing a month of data from a BB but who knows?  certainly not Blackberry...

Trusted Contributor
misterblank

[ Edited ]

rwasko-

that's no work around.

that's like saying "oh i bought the new coldplay album but itunes deleted it for me because it sucks".

Don't mistake me- organization is good and you gotta cover your a55 but your emails are your emails. If you trust them to blackberry and blackberry is deletes them there's grounds for a law suit- or in our case a class action.

Contributor
Jkraus
My Device: Q10.1

Is anybody here in this thread ready to be the Class Rep. and file the class action,

I believe that we have enough class members...

Chronos
My Device: 0

[ Edited ]

Hello,

This thread has been re-opened, please stay on topic of resolving the email delete issue.

Thank you for your contributions to this community!

Chronos                                                                                                                             New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

[ Edited ]

So does anyone know what to do?

I can't afford to just go buy another phone and that's really besides the point... I don't know if (unofficially) upgrading my OS to 10.2 will help because no one has identified the problem.

Outside of pushing this issue into social media/media outlets to force BB publically address is does anyone else have any ideas?

Contributor
arye

Hi,

I started this thread several months ago and posted after it happening 3 times, for the last 3 months it has not happened again so I am assuming it was an update that has fixed it. 

I am not doing much else different, the only thing I am being careful about is pressing delete on an email when the phone is busy sending an email or deleting a previous one.

(I have reason to believe this may have triggered one of the mass deletions)

Good luck. 

New Contributor
awphillips
My Device: several

I am guessing that this bug is related to the unrecoverability of the messages once they are deleted.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33560

For the record, I have not experienced the full purge that is afflicting others in this thread. I use a variety of accounts, inlcuding BES10 and IMAP ones. The 30-day retenion process on the device is not deleting messages from the Outlook or Webmail accounts.