Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

[ Edited ]

lionatwork

+1 with a 'but'...

I'm on 10.2.1.641 (Z10) and haven’t' experienced it again.

The problem with this mentality is no one from BB admits to knowing about the issue, naturally they can’t reproduce the issue so basically you're just crossing your fingers and trusting that BB, who has not taken responsibility for the problem in the first place, has fixed the phantom problem with an OS update...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

... and if the issue is not escalated to official support, how will we know if they have instituted a fix or not? They certainly won't know it's ongoing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

Again, it'd be so much more beneficial to the world if you would use your title to bring this issue to the attention of someone that can actually do something about it instead of bickering about protocol on this board.

If you fixed this you'd make a lot of people happy and be famous.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sheeze, And if you'd actually see further than your finger, you'd recognize that's exactly what I'm trying to do, and have been.

Just because something is unseen to you doesn't mean it is not indeed occurring.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

Ah super!

For me though, looking no further than my finger, it's tough to deduce your actions on this particular board are for the good of the people with the issue- it looks ike you just tell people to contact their carrier and post a bunch of irrelevant questions.

But whatever it is you've been trying to do, I sincerely appreciate your help.

Please use plain text.
JamesTKirk
My Device: Q10 SQN100-3

I haven't been through all of the previous postings, but I thought I should share the fact that an update this morning went OK, but a couple of hours later all my e-mails, texts etc disappeared.  I can't even say the update number because the notifications have disappeared too!  Fortunately for me, I now work from home, so can access my previous e-mails via my PC, but this would have been a thorough nuisance a little while ago.  I don't suppose there is a way of getting it all back, is there?  I understand there are ways of backing up this info in future and will investigate.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rwasko
My Device: Q10

James,

I have to say it: your emails were assimilated, resistance is futile ;-)

Check OS version in device settings to see update applied. See trash or deleted folder at email server for lost emails.

Live long and prosper.

Robert
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

Captain-

the reason most of us found this board is due to an inherent flaw with the BB OS10 where everything in your hub disappears permanently. It also disappears from the server(s) permanently. Blackberry has not acknowledged this issue and obviously has not addressed it.

In your case it sounds like if you’d made a backup using the hub you’d be able to restore your BB to the previous state. Check that out and keep your fingers crossed that the emails you have at home don’t get eaten by your Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
JamesTKirk
My Device: Q10 SQN100-3

Thanks Robert.

Sadly no sign of the e-mails in trash/deleted folder.  Have now discovered that four weeks' worth of e-mails have disappeared from my AOL account.  Grrrr.

As my friend would say "Peace and long life!"

JTK

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rwasko
My Device: Q10

If your BlackBerry use POP3 email protocol, think about changing it to IMAP or ActiveSync if one available at AOL. I'm using ActiveSync and was able to restore emails deleted by BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.