Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the link awphillips but part of the problem is that a lot of us didn't initiate a delete of any kind, we just looked at the Blackberry and everything was gone.

The other part is the guesswork involved. There should be none.

If you bought a car and were driving it and the steering wheel locked up through no fault of your own- but the manufacture blamed you and said they couldn't figure it out so just keep on driving and take better notes of what you were doing when the wheel locked up would you still drive it? or put your family in the car?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks ayre-

I wasn't touching my blackberry when it erased everything.

Glad you're satisfied but my own assumptions are not good enough for me. We all deserve something official from Blackberry, before they auction off the company.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Fido

This just happened to me on my Q10. I had all my e-mails, text messages, basically anything in the hub except for the BBM message deleted. This had happened after putting my phone to charge before I went to bed then waking up to it with everything deleted. I did not play with any setting or anything, it just happened. The e-mails were also deleted off of my actual e-mail account and therefore I was unable to retrieve any of these e-mails on my pc. It's a very crappy problem!

Trusted Contributor

richerich88 have you contacted blackberry? if you can, send them the log files before you do anything else with the bb...
sorry for your loss!
Welcome to the bb os10 club
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

Can I ask those of you just joining the thread sharing their experience, to list their OS version? I am (perhaps optimistically) thinking that BlackBerry has (inadvertently or otherwise) resolved this issue in one of their many recent OS upgrades, and it would be useful to understand if this actually is the case.

Thank you, and to those of you joining now, I want to share that I feel your pain, not just from loosing valuable messages and logs, but perhaps worse, feeling betrayed by a platform we all have trusted for so long, especially in a time where they cannot afford to lose our trust.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Fido

My OS is 10.1.0.4181. What was odd though was that I had download the latest update and installed it through my phone about a couple weeks ago. After the e-mail incident, I went on BlackBerry Link and it made me install the same update. Or could it have been slightly different? The OS number was the same however.
Trusted Contributor

When my z10 permanantly deleted my emails it was on either 10.0.9.2710 or 10.0.9.422

I've been on 10.2.0.1047 for quite a while now.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Happened on my Q10 at 10:40 PM and I did nothing with the phone at the time. Deleted the account, re-installed it and a bunch of messages came back but only sent ones as far back as June 12. Called Bell (useless), then BB. Talked to two ladies, both had not heard about this problem. Useless advice. Both said that the Q10 does not store any messages (text or email) on the phone. Could not explain where the messages that did come back came from. They are not on my mail server, I checked and I am sure. All very mysterious, obviously the BB people have no clue and there is no push to do anything about it. I am sorry now I bought the phone. If they cannot do a good job with the email why buy one? Okay, the keyboard is great...

Trusted Contributor

Q10frust- sorry for your loss- most of here have been there...

Hopefully you got a case number from BB, (not that that's actually helpful) but refer the BB techs to this epic post...before Fairfax buys BB.
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

The last tech support lady said she could not do anything and closed the file. Incompetence all around.