Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

I purchased my BlackBerry on 13-Sep-2013 and have experienced continued problems. I have gone back to the Sprint store but to no avail, Sprint requested the Blackberry Manager to meet me at the store and the problems still were NOT resolved. So I just said forget about transfering text messagesand pictures from my old BlackBerry to my new one. Then when I woke up Tuesday morning, 22-Oct-2013 and all my E-mails were gone, I called Sprint and again NO assistance. I received over 50 IMPORTANT E-mails on Tuesday, woke up Wednesday morning, 23-Oct-2013 and all E-mails were GONE again. I went to the Sprint store and received no assistance but was referred to the BlackBerry Manager. I am SICK of BlackBerry and this is pathetic!  I searched on Google and found this forum. Is there a solution yet? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor
My Device: Q10.1

Hi BG

Welcome to the club and sorry for your email loss,

Let me go directly to the point,

A) BlackBerry hasn't yet acknowledged this frustrating issue,

B) I guess if you read through this forum, you noticed that nobody had posted yet a real solution,

With the above being said, I would recommend that you stay with your old BlackBerry as long as you hear or read that this issue has been solved. 

Whenever I had this issue (already happened multiple times), I was able to retrieve all my emails, by deleting the entire account and re-adding it again (since my emails were not deleted from my server). But not sure if this will work for you as well, however, you might want to give it a shot. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

No one has any solution to this. No one from Blackberry has been of any help.

The only thing that I know to do is make more users aware of the issue, and while I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, hopefully it'll happen (soon) to someone of importance and make it to the someone that matters that this is an issue that would result in major fines if, for example, a company being audited is requested to provide emails within a certain date but- oops! they're gone from our servers because the Blackberry erased them.

run that up a finra flagpole.

g'luck and like the other guy said- welcome to the club.

New Contributor

OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

Thank you so kindly for your response. I have E-mailed the BlackBerry Manager twice and he hasn't responded yet.

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

babygirl56 wrote:

Thank you so kindly for your response. I have E-mailed the BlackBerry Manager twice and he hasn't responded yet.

Hey., you have a BlackBerry Manager?

But, have you done as suggested... called your mobile provider and demanded that the issue be escalated UP to tier two BlackBerry Technical support?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

There is another issue that is somewhat related. I set the Q10 to store all emails but it only stores a slection of them. This has nothing to do with what is on the server as my emails are deleted within 5 days but the Q10 keeps them for months (if it does not delete them all) but not all of them. I had the same issue with the Torch. Any ideas what makes the Q10 so selective?

Trusted Contributor

if you had the same issue w/ the torch it's not the q10 and it doesn't seem related to everything disappearing permanantly from the hub and your servers.

New Contributor

Has there been any progress on this issue? I just had my email deleted for the third time in less than 6 months. It happens every time I remove the battery or return from a foreign country and the Hub decides to rebuild my inbox. Each time it has included my yahoo mail, once it included mail for my work server. It doesn't seem to affect my gmail but I am not sure why. The email is always completely deleted and does not appear in the trash or anywhere else. Yahoo has a function that restores your email to a prior time point that I have been using but my work email offers no such option and so I get months worth of emails (upwards of 500 emails) in a recovered email folder but the effort I went through to separate the needed ones from the disposable ones is lost. I agree it sounds like a software bug but I am still hoping someone might have a solution because unfortunately the only other option will be an expensive upgrade to a different phone as I have not even had this one for a year. Suggestions?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No acknowledgement from Blackberry.

I'm currently waiting on an approval for a credit request from VZW. At least for their mandatory $30 'upgrade' fee.

Blackberry's solution seems to be ignore users until the company goes private.

A common and obvious user suggested work around is "make a backup of your email".

The resolution I keep coming back to is to dump the BB and go back to any of the competitors.

Or spend all your time griping in social media outles- evidently that gets attention. I still think if the deleting happens to someone that carries some weight it'll get addressed publically. Maybe contact someone at Fairfax Financial Holdings.

but at the end of the day you're on your own and without your email.

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Brusheep wrote:
 Suggestions?

Have you called Verizon tech support and ask that this issue be escalated up to BlackBerry's tier two Technical support ?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code