Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
wynneke
My Device: Torch 9800

Outlook Sync -Z10

I've read severals posts on this subject and I've tried to determine, through the Blackberry site, whether or not Blackberry has provided updated Blackberry Link software to sync the Z10 to  a PC based Outlook account.

I recognize there are other solution like syncing to webmail etc. This is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the same functionality I had on all previous versions of Blackeberry phones, a sync to a PC based Outlook account that includes the calendar, the contacts, the tasks and Notes(memos).

I saw a posting that said this was coming but failed to see any mention of dates or even a spot to check on the Blackberry site. I did go to the Blackberry Link page.

Any help as to whether or not this available or the link to the information in the Blackberry site would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

While it has been stated over and over again I will state it one more time.

I can't believe this phone was brought to market without this basic functionality. Granted other phones seem to be missing this function the fact that Blackberry failed to mention this anywhere that I can find has me rethinking my decision.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Outlook Sync -Z10

Hello,

Not yet...I'm hoping for sometime in March, but have nothing authoritative on the matter. All authoritative information will be released by actual BB employees (who, on this site, are always clearly identified by their icons and such).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
wynneke
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks. We are in the process of buying a new phone for my wife. She likes the Galaxy S3. I did some research and found it was going to cost another $50 dollars to buy the software to complete the sync, I think the product was called CampanionLink. I convinced her to get another new Blackberry. We are both loyal customers. Now it appears this is not an option as the S3 is $50 cheaper than the BB Z10 Blackberry and the $50 covers the cost of the software. Guess Blackberry just lost another customer over what should have been a no brainer. The US launch will be quantified disaster without this and the media will play it up big. It is so unfortunate that they continue to run with very sharp knives wearing blindfolds. Again, thank you for responding.
New Contributor
RobertLaMinerve
My Device: Z10

I totally agree. If I cannot sync my Outlook - Contacts Calendar notes and tasks as I could on my 4 year old BB I will be returning the Z10 . If anyone can advise how to sync I would appreciate it THanks

Visitor
jfallon
My Device: Bold 9930

I am a longtime Blackberry user and live by my Outlook Contacts w/Categories. RIM/Blackberry needs to continue to use the Blackberry PIM extensions in JSR-75 in BB OS10. The address book categories are extremely useful. Blackberry was always superior in it's sync with MS Outlook -- including Outlook Contact Categories. This functionality continued in OS 7.1 on my BB Bold 9930. This is one of the features that differentiates Blackberry devices as the Mobile Business Communication/Productivity tool from the Mobile Phone/Gaming Devices. We need this functionality in OS10.

Nking

I had the same issue as well as other issues with messaging. I have since returned my Z10 (sadly) and will go with another device for a year or so until they fix this issue, which is critical
gevensen

I cannot sync my Outlook with my Z10.   I could do this on my previous Blackberry.

I now can't sync my calendar changes between my computer and Z10.

Why doesn't Blackberry fix this?   They had this function on my Blackberry Tour!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

gevensen wrote:

I cannot sync my Outlook with my Z10.   I could do this on my previous Blackberry.

I now can't sync my calendar changes between my computer and Z10.

Why doesn't Blackberry fix this?   They had this function on my Blackberry Tour!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A tiny bit more research would have brought you this thread:

What you ask for has been implemented. If it's not working as per the instructions, then that would be a different discussion...but your question seems to be asking for the existence of the capability, which does exist.

But, please understand that this was not, technically, a "fix"...direct USB sync was not intended when BB10 devices rolled out (you can find other threads to debate the merits/demerits of that decision...no use doing it again here). But, when the hew and cry went up, BlackBerry responded by enhancing the Link software to provide this functionality...but it was not a "fix" (since, technically, nothing was "broken" from the design intent/functionality perspective).

Lastly, nothing that existed prior to BB10 should be used as an expectation set for BB10...BB10 is a completely different platform, with really nothing in common with what existed before. Indeed, even BIS is eliminated! So, it is far better, IMHO, to go into BB10 with an expectation that nothing from before will exist anymore...and then one can be happy when one finds those "gems" that do exist. But going into BB10 with an expectation that it'll be exactly like before is an excellent recipe for disappointment.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code