Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
BrianFMartin
My Device: z10

Re: Playbook Bridge to z10

Oh.. I just went on the hunt for it, and found the settings. Oh lord! It's been a long night.

@BlinkBrian
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Good luck, and if you have any other questions, please post back. We're in the same boat, so we'll learn more if we start trying to find stuff. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrianFMartin

I don't want to spam the forums any more with my needs. However I will stick around as I am a big supporter of Blackberry.

& thank you for your help :smileyhappy:

@BlinkBrian

@BlinkBrian
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Like Krypto said, ask. Read other threads. We are all learning BB10.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ANITA3

Brian, I like you do not like this response. I have experienced nothing but issues with the Z10 - I have used Blackberry Link to transfer files - frustratingly it has transferred a few photos and some old text msgs but NOTHING else. I then came to use it with my newly purchased Playbook and like you I got the 'Read Me" msg.

I think think this is totally unacceptable Blackberry have been planning this for quite some considerable time - why oh why are these issues even an issue. I feel completely let down

I have tried contacting Blackberry Help via twitter - this is a slow process which clearly due to the fact many others are also feeling let down.

I just can't believe Blackberry have rendered one their one products effectively useless

I am now seriously considering converting to an iPhone/iPad

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

ANITA3 wrote:

I have used Blackberry Link to transfer files - frustratingly it has transferred a few photos and some old text msgs but NOTHING else.

hello ANITA3,

why do you use BlackBerry Link to transfer files? Use the Explorer of Windows, it is far more practical. You can even do that through WiFi

ANITA3 wrote:

I am now seriously considering converting to an iPhone/iPad

You seem to have several issues with your Z10, but I only read one (the file transfer). I do not think that using an iPhone will make things easier, you cannot even transfer an MP3 if you are not connected to your main computer.

What are your other issues?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Xandrex wrote:

why do you use BlackBerry Link to transfer files? Use the Explorer of Windows, it is far more practical. You can even do that through WiFi

As I read Anita's post believe she may be transferring databases (contacts/calendar/SMS, etc., from an old device to a new Z10 device, as well as media.

I think Xandrex is referring to using Windows Explorer to transfer media from the PC to the Z10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Just adding my 2 cents. Woops can't do that now, no more pennies...

Just linked my Z10 to my PB with bridge and POOF, all the useful functions of bridge disappear!

One of the main things I used the PB for was to have a nice BIG screen, with the BB keyboard to access BBM and TXT messaging.

It also says I should be able to view things from the Z10 on the PB by just selecting 'show on PB'. I haven't found that anywhere yet.

This is a disappointment and a step backwards.

I hope that this will be fixed when the PB also moves to BB10, but who knows when that will be.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Taylor, I do believe when the PlayBook is upgraded (perhaps not to BB10, but even before at PB OS 2.2) you'll see the Bridge function return.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

taylor-tomt wrote:

Just adding my 2 cents. Woops can't do that now, no more pennies...

Just linked my Z10 to my PB with bridge and POOF, all the useful functions of bridge disappear!

One of the main things I used the PB for was to have a nice BIG screen, with the BB keyboard to access BBM and TXT messaging.

It also says I should be able to view things from the Z10 on the PB by just selecting 'show on PB'. I haven't found that anywhere yet.

This is a disappointment and a step backwards.

I hope that this will be fixed when the PB also moves to BB10, but who knows when that will be.

To view most of what you were able to before the Z10 on the Playbook, use the share and then scroll down to find "open on the Playbook "

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.