Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Power off/Lock button won't work

My Blackberry Z10 has been in use for less than a month and now the Power off/Lock button won't work (powering off or on or locking the device).  Made sure all wifi etc is off and have rebooted the device to no avail.  any suggestions?

Simon

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Power off/Lock button won't work

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Interesting...without the use of the power button, the only reboot method is to pull the battery...I assume that's therefore how you accomplished the reboots you did.

In any event, if the power button no longer functions, it's entirely likely that you have a physical issue...for which no amount of internet-distance diagnostics nor OS/software "fixes" can be of use. Rather, you should exercise your warranty -- either via your original place of purchase, an authorized service center, or some other warranty-providing entity that you may be subject to (as governed by your original purchase documentation).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code