Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Problems transferring data from bb9860 to bbZ10

Hello Forum, I need help!

I've downloaded the BB Link OS 10 software. In the BB Link OS10 desktop screen I click on the bottom right hand side menu and then select switch device. It asks me to connect the previous or both devices if I have the USB cables. I've tried the previous device (9860) and/ or both. Nothing happens!!! I remain stuck at 1 of 8 of that process.

My BB ID is associated with the 9860 so I don't know if this is the problem. I've removed the BB Link OS10 multiple times and re installed it.. still no luck..  I have not removed the 9860 software Version 7.1 from my computer.

WHAT I'VE DONE: Used my wife's computer to perform the switch, followed by the same process again as per the media card approach. My contacts are incomplete!!!

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO:

• Sync my Outlook calendar and contacts.
  • Sync Media

I've called rogers and they sent me an instructional email as well as refer me to the BB website. I called Blackberry and they said I have to sign up for a premium service if I want help. Why??? Not very impressed with the service I'm afraid. Both my wife and I have held off purchasing an alternative phone hoping that BB (Rim) would figure things out with the Z10. We almost went with anything other than a BB having experienced NOTHING BUT disappointment with the 9860. By the way, the transition was much easier all of the previous times we purchased a BB. Hopefully someone out there in the universe is reading this... I'm almost ready to return both of these things and move on.. am I venting :smileysad:

Any help on this will be MUCH appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-COM Hrvatska

Re: Problems transferring data from bb9860 to bbZ10

Hi, I have same problems. I have bb9900, buy Z10 and I dont know how synchronized contacts and calendar from outloock 2013.
Alos I tried transfer from BB Link from old phone to new but nothing. Now I transfer contacts with bluetooth. But I must delete gmail adress - contact. Only Local. Etc. Etc. Calendar no.
I WANT SYCHRONIZE model like Desktop manager 7.1. HELP
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

pair the two phones over bluetooth.

in the 9860 got to connections > bluetooth > where it shows the z10 keep it pressed - a pop up menu will show transfer contacts - press that . 

dont use the Z10 untill all contacts have been transferred  - 9860 will show 100% done - however monitor the z10 it will show download bar for every single contact - Its a lengthy proccess. dont do anything on the z10 until all dialogs close.

Worked for me...

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-COM Hrvatska

This is not answer.

Read my answer, you copy  me.

Question is how synchronized contacts and calendar from old BB9900 to new z10.

That is a question. Bluetooth acepted, but this is quick help partialy

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

It is not possible to sync outlook the same way as BB desktop manager(os7). It can be done using a few other methods for now. Look around some of the forum postings to see how to sync. Using outlook.com is one way. BB is working on that problem and we may see this feature in Link soon.