Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: att

Q10 BB Link Driver Issue (Rim Network Device)

I cant connect my q10 to my computer through usb to bblink now ive been able to connect it to a different computer with no install of bblink. Now on my personal computer ive uninstalled bblink reinstalled the os from the option giving with bblink pulling the battery closing out anti virus and firewalls but with no luck. When using dm and looking for an online driver it gives me an error " windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it, blackberry device" "Insufficient system resources exit to complete requested service". anyone have clues what could be causing this?

New Contributor

Re: Q10 BB Link Driver Issue (Rim Network Device)

no one huh?..

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

I have exactly the same issue, and waiting for somebody to help

In my particular case, I was able to see the BB Q10 as a drive (under D:smileyhappy: when I connected it for the first time, and was even able to install BB Link from this drive. But once the instalalation was completed, there was a bug in the middle of the configuration process, and then the drive D: was not accessible any more

Tried to reinstall BB Link, reinstall the drivers etc... Nothing worked...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi BoldSeries,

Welcome to the support community!
Could you provide some more detail on the steps you have already taken please?

Which Windows OS are you using? Is User Account Control enabled?
Are you installing BlackBerry Link in a user account with administrative privileges?

Can you please clarify what you mean by "reinstalled the os from the option giving with bblink pulling the battery"?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Win7 64 Ultimate

Since i cant connect my device through usb to bblink it gives me  two options in the Blackberry q10 tab reconnect and reload. Reconnect does nothing and reload from the looks of it re installs the os. So after the install of the os i had no luck once again. I then uninstalled bblink pulled the battery on the phone and restarted my computer once the pc was loaded i inserted the battery and continued again with the installation of bblink. Before doing so i disabled all anti virus firewall software and AC disabled then proceeded, after completion there was no difference. After all of this i plugged my phone into a different pc win7 64 standard with no install of bblink but it did have an older blackberry software installed (9000) on the computer. Within a few secs the phone was detected but the software stated that the phone was not operational with this software. It did work so i closed out the older desktop software and install bbm channels (beta).

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey BoldSeries,

Since this is working correctly on other computers, have you verified there are no issues with the usb ports on the affected computer? Is power management disabled? Are you using the same usb cable on the other computer?

Cheers,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Yes to all of those questions. when i try and reinstall the driver from dm and search for online drivers i get an error "windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it blackberry device. Insufficent system resources exit to complete the requested service

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Sorry to interfere again, I have exactly the same errors here.

Tried to reinstall the "RIM Network Device" pilot (it was showing an error in the Device Manager). But this failed due to "insufficient System resources"... 

Trying to put screenshots below...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi Frankie,

Can you help me?

I have been trying to get bblink to work for the last 4 months?

I have a sony VIAO with Windows Home 7

i get the message "Cannot communicate with device"

i have reinstalled 4 times, i have checked my usb cable and have tried 4 different computers at home

it only worked in the mobile shop in the mall????

i got a message yesterday when downloading the latest BB link: something like:  "Driver Issue (Rim Network Device)" 

Thanks a lot, Klaas

New Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

Can you help me?

I have been trying to get bblink to work for the last 4 months?

I have a sony VIAO with Windows Home 7

i get the message "Cannot communicate with device"

i have reinstalled 4 times, i have checked my usb cable and have tried 4 different computers at home

it only worked in the mobile shop in the mall????

i got a message yesterday when downloading the latest BB link: something like:  "Driver Issue (Rim Network Device)" 

Thanks a lot, Klaas