Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Intcord
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Q10 Text Message Box Does Not Scroll Past Two Lines

When typing a message into the text message box, the text will not scroll to the 3rd line being entered until the line is completed. I end up typing blind in line 3 of my message until line 3 is full....then it scrolls up and becomes visible in the text message box. Any suggestions?

New Contributor
MrSmartPhone

Re: Q10 Text Message Box Does Not Scroll Past Two Lines

Had the same problem.  You must have changed the font size of your device to a 10 point or above font.  If you set it back to the original font size which is 8 it will work fine again.  Ihave mine now set to 9 and it the text field scrolls properly now.  This must be a glitch in the software so Blackberry if you are reading these posts please fix it as I prefer to view at 10 point font.

Contributor
Intcord

Thank you Mr. Smartphone.....problem solved. And I concur with your request to BB to fix this. As a seasoned citizen, my eyesight is not what it used to be....I also prefer (need) a larger font size.

Contributor
heathiemj

A plea from me too, need larger font!  BB please fix!

Contributor
macpage
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Yes I experienced the same. I hate it because I've always wanted a bigger font as in 10. I never experienced this with Z10 before I swapped it with Q10. PLEASE BLACKBERRY ACT ON THIS QUICK! text is an important medium of communications for us. I can totally relate to Intcord. Typing blindly once i reach the 3rd line.

Contributor
LM1515

Yes, I have the same issue.  I have my font size set on 11 since I'm also in the reading glasses crowd.  This is definitely something that ought to be fixable and should be fixed ASAP.  

Visitor
MikePL
My Device: Blackberry Q5

[ Edited ]

This is a bit of a deal breaker for us. I am looking at rolling out Q10s throughout our firm but this is proving a real issue with our pilot users. Is there any way to find out if this issue is even been looked at by RIM

New Contributor
macdoa

YES! AGREE!  Whish this could be fixed as a matter of urgency.  I have low vision and can't use anything under 14 point font.  My revious phone was the blackberry torch.  It had a similar problem, but once the user got past line 2 of the text message, the display would again start following th cursor. 

This really is annyoing guys.  Can you do something about it?

New Contributor
mshap54

Blackberry has know about this problem or months and the latest upgrade does not fix it. Blackberry, please get this fixed right away or I will be forced to junki this phone and blackberry and I'm sure I will not be alone.

michaelholtham
My Device: Blackberry Q10

I got my Q10 20th August and have this problem. Not fit for purpose. BB its coming back!