Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

F_D
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon

Q10, Z10 keyboards

I was finally going in today to purchase my Q10.  I said a sad goodbye to my Bold and went to the Verizon store only to learn that Blackberry STILL did not fix my one major problem with their phones.  I was shocked to learn that the keyboards STILL don't have a traditional phone keypad option ON EITHER PHONE.  How is it possible that in a world where our lives are dominated by automated phone systems you still can't call a number that requires you to put in the person's last name or to dial 1-800-CASHNOW or whatever alphabet-driven business you need to conduct.  Blackberry, you win.  My next phone will not be a Blackberry, after all.  I have owned one for 10 years have always been happy except for this one thing.  Every time a new Blackberry is introduced I go into my Verizon store and ask... Does it have a traditional telephone keypad option now.  "Nope.  Why don't you buy an iPhone or a Samsung" is always the answer.  The next time my nice salesperson suggest this, I will say, "thank you, show me what you've got."  I still can't believe it.  These are your new generations of phones and yet they are utterly archaic in this small but very important way!  Come on.

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Q10, Z10 keyboards

On my Q10, it's two taps away.

• tap phone icon on the lower left of the screen
  • tap keypad icon on the lower right of the screen

Is this what you are salivating for?

Or are you looking for something rotary?

Highlighted
F_D
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10, Z10 keyboards

What you're descibing sounds like what I want. Perhaps the Verizon salesperson is secretly part of the iCult. I will go back tomorrow armed with your information. Thank you!