Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Q10 will not sync with Gmail, Twitter, and Facebook

Just got my Q10 and successfully added two gmail accounts (one including contacts and calendar), facebook, and twitter. After a while, Gmail will say "not connected", I won't get any Facebook notifications, and Twiiter never even loads tweets at all.

I've deleted the accounts, re-added them, restarted my phone with battery pull, updated software. I've done everything. As far as I can tell, all settings are correct, all sign in username and passwords are correct. The accounts always work at the very beginning, or if I just restart my phone, and then after it'll say, "the server for account [imap.gmail.com, port 993] can't be reached, etc."

If anyone could please shed some light, that would be great. Otherwise, I will have to return this phone.

My Device: Q10

Re: Q10 will not sync with Gmail, Twitter, and Facebook

I've got the same problem on my Q10, although it only seems to affect my Google Apps account, and not my gmail.com account.

Workaround:

- Go to accounts, select Mail for your account, and just change password to something invalid, select Save. It will say the password is incorrect, but then it will start downloading your mails.

My Device: Q10

Re: Q10 will not sync with Gmail, Twitter, and Facebook

Just to update my previous post, changing the password only works briefly (~5 minutes). Deleting and recreating the e-mail account seems to work a bit better.