Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
tamatwes
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Remove Apps On Z10

How do I remove apps which I have installed?

Please use plain text.
Developer
indy2718

Re: Remove Apps On Z10

Just hold your finger down on the icon of the app you want to uninstall.  It should then pulsate, and you can press the trash can to delete or move the app to a different position by dragging.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tamatwes

Worked well thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sidevbe
My Device: 9860

I deleted Whatsapp from the icon regular menu. It's still shoing as it is installed in appworld so can't reinstall. I tried  holding the finger down on the icon of the app to uninstall but it does not work. Option Delete or uninstall don't work....

How can I delete the reference to the uninstalled app in appworld on the Z10 ?

indy2718 wrote:

Just hold your finger down on the icon of the app you want to uninstall.  It should then pulsate, and you can press the trash can to delete or move the app to a different position by dragging.

Please use plain text.
Developer
indy2718

I guess there is multiple ways to uninstall an app.   If you hold your finger on the icon, it will uninstall it but save it in Blackberry "My World" so you can install it again later.  The second way to uninstall and totally delete it from the Blackberry "My World" would be to do the following:

On the phone, select "Blackberry World".

Pick the bottom left 3 horizontal line icon.

Pick "My World"

Pick "My Apps & Games"

On the top press "Apps & games  Updates" to pull down what you want to see.

Select "Available".

Slide down to the app you want to remove and delete, hold your finger down on it.  Then there is a little cloud with an X on the bottom right (in your case).  If it's installed, it will be a trashcan.  Pick that.

Select Delete or uninstall or cancel.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sidevbe

Thanks for your help. I tried both. Problem is that in the second, whatsapp is not in the available menu but in the installed one. It's like it was still installed. It seems that we should not delete whatsapp by the icon menu. Could I reset app world like we use to do with the old blackberrys?
Please use plain text.
Developer
indy2718

I think they have a thing call the "cloud" (My World).

If you hold down your finger on the icon and press trash, it will delete it from the device, but keep it on the cloud.  This is so other devices attached to this account still have it.  But if you go through the app world menu and you'll have the option to delete it from the cloud and/or just the device.  Tha'ts just a guess... not totally sure how it works....   only have 1 device.

anyway, if you can't remove the app when it's in the installed menu (no option)....  don't know.  Try restarting the device by holding the lock button on the top.   Or you can "check for OS" updates, maybe it's a bug.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sidevbe

Thanks Mike tried rebooting a couple of times but no can do. Maybe it's a bug.
Thanks a lot for your help
Sidevbe
Please use plain text.
Visitor
syedsbabu

Dear All,

Please help .. . . .  

unable to uninstall "Mosques @ SG" from my Blackberry Z10, if tried to uninstall this app, always getting  "Failed to uninstall Mosques @ SG" . . .  please help for solve this issue. . . 

Please use plain text.